turbo lude not likin Vtec

94turbolude

well guys i am new to this board and i am havin a hell of a time tryin to figure out what the hell the prob is.

I have a 94 si with a 99 vtec engine. i have turboed the engine with a kit that i built (NOT a hack job Junkyard Wars kit). it consist of a vortech fmu 10.1, walbro 255lph in tank pump, front mount intercooler, equal lenght manifold, t4 turbo, turbo xs bov, dsm turbo 440cc injectors, tial 35mm wastegate, Apexi VAFC and autometer gauges.

The issue i am having is vtec. IT HATES IT. under full throttle 10lbs of boost and it caughs out the exhaust. could i have to much overlap in vtec? i was cosidering a exh cam gear? The cams are stock and as far as what else i have been told they are saying its fuel.

I had the close to same setup less the vafc on a h23 and had no prob lem at all rippin the tires loose at 40 mph :D

any ideas greatly appreaciated.

Blake

its definetly fuel delivery. when vtec kicks in it flows more fuel. you need some kind of engine management system (aem, power fc, hondata, ect.) and some tuning should fix the problem. i'm 99% sure that you just need engine management and tuning, if that doesnt fix it then i dunno what would.

btw really you should have kept the h23 and put a vtec head on it.. woulda outperformed your current setup with proper tuning.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
well i do have a vafc? i tried to pull alot of fuel out of it and same thing but i think i am gonna try to just wait nad get it on a wideband.

Blake

yeah best idea is NOT to pull a bunch of fuel out...i think everyone else has narrowed down the problems...

and i htink fuel delivery is the culprit, running rich...becarefull tuning yourself

james

Archived