tubes

leber008

i just got an alpine cda9857 and focal speakers to replace my stock ones, the thing is i didnt get a subwoofer. Its not the most important thing to me but i want a sub that will give me bass but not loud obnoxious bass, i was considering a bazooka tube because i dont have alot of space to give up, how are they.

from what i've heard one would work or what you want. i've heard that they are not meant to be loud but are meant for "true" sound, like what the music would sound like in real life. i guess it would work fine if you listen to metal or rock, but if you listen to rap or techno you're going to want more. go to best buy or circuit city and test one out to see if you like it, then let me know what you think cuz i might like to get one.

the tubes you're talking about, like bazooka, is just for those who want the "sound" of bass in your car. Like you said, its not crazy loud and you won't be able to impress the ladies in the next lane.

You went all out and got a nice deck and focal speakers, why not just get a small sub in a box? perhaps 8" or 10"? Sometimes a 8" or 10" can get pretty loud depending on the brand and model so don't let the size fool you lol You can also get an amp and control the gain on the bass too so you'll have trunk rattling bass if you want it or not.

10's a nice if you listen to anything besides rap because they have a clearer sound. 12's tend to have a boomy sound that you loose the highs in if you listen to rock and stuff like that. smaller subs are supposedly better for sounds, bigger subs for fealing the bass.

10's a nice if you listen to anything besides rap because they have a clearer sound. 12's tend to have a boomy sound that you loose the highs in if you listen to rock and stuff like that. smaller subs are supposedly better for sounds, bigger subs for fealing the bass.

10 can be just as loud as anything out there. Its not the sub, its all about the install.

Ask Nate Munsun who hits 168.3 on a single DD9510

Ask Nate Munsun who hits 168.3 on a single DD9510

dayum! i'm not saying they aren't as loud i was just saying they can give a higher quality sound than most 12's. like tehy give off a more detailed sound, where as 12's can give of alot more bass but prolly wont be as clear as a 10. i know there are always exceptions, just generally 10's have clearer sound. i listen to alot of metal so i want teh clearest sound, but when i listen to rap or techno i just want to be able to feel it.

dayum! i'm not saying they aren't as loud i was just saying they can give a higher quality sound than most 12's. like tehy give off a more detailed sound, where as 12's can give of alot more bass but prolly wont be as clear as a 10. i know there are always exceptions, just generally 10's have clearer sound. i listen to alot of metal so i want teh clearest sound, but when i listen to rap or techno i just want to be able to feel it.

Well the thing is subs these days have lighter cone materials and more excursion so they move more air.

It all comes down to the enclosure design. Ive installed 8's before and to the ear, people swore they where 12's or 15's until i popped the trunk to show them what i was pushing.

I understand what your saying but just informing you that its a common misconception.

Archived