paint

leber008

roller paint is stupid IMO, theres a reason pros use paint guns.

i also know this guy who will do an immaculate job painting your car. he takes everything off so its basically just like when honda did it at the factory. you can expect to pay around $7000 but it will be show quality

what are you looking to get as far as a paint job? stock color? the expensive guy, takes off all the fenders, and sprays everything individually so you get an even coat on everything and not miss any spots. springfield is a pretty big place, im sure you could find something there

Well i have a special edition integra and its got the burgendy paint job, its got some scratches and imperfections and im debating on repainting it that color or go with a nice black. Ive been told to get a nice black done right im going to have to spend some money.

black does look good, but you would need to paint the engine bay as well or else it will look really stupid when you pop the hood and its red underneath. id keep it stock. post some pics

easiest to spray. Metallics are hard.

black shows every imperfection.

Also airjordan, to get an even spray you leave the crap on the car, not off. Shoot metallics with all your parts off, put it back together, and stand back look at the mess you've just created.

Unless your a professional with years of practice behind the gun.

yeah but if you dont do the metallic right you get stripes in the paint. saw one guys BMW. it was an older one, did a engine swap, all the body work, prepped it, and painted it the new BMW metallic blue, but looks like crap because he did the paint wrong

Metallics are simple to spray. We did auto paint in high school. We based, cleared, pinstriped, and taped off flames on a fender for an f150. Try to get a metallic burgundy

LOL um.... riiight. Ask anyone whats the hardest to spray. Metallics. Period. they can streak, not lay right.... they suck.

try doing more than a fender, and you'll see.

black is by far the easiest. Not easy for bodywork.

Metallic is the hardest to spray because if you don't mix the thinner exactly the same each time and if you change the nozzle on the gun, you'll change the way the metallic sprays and reflects. Every body shop I've ever talked to says metallic is much harder to spray than a straight color or a color with pearl.

that looks really clean man. not sure of the damage, but have you tried doing a REALLY good detail? it would get a lot of the scratches and imperfections out. HungGSR knows all about it

Metallic is the hardest to spray because if you don't mix the thinner exactly the same each time and if you change the nozzle on the gun, you'll change the way the metallic sprays and reflects. Every body shop I've ever talked to says metallic is much harder to spray than a straight color or a color with pearl.

not really how you mix the thinner, just how you lay the paint. air pressure, volume of paint, pattern, temp, humidity...etc....

oh its rough to get right sometimes.

Yeah, I know that they've said there are so many variables that can change the look of metallic when sprayed that it's really hard to get it to match if ever doing a respray on a panel. Most body shops have to blend it to get it to look right.

Its touchy stuff sometimes, but looks good if done right.

Pretty interesting tidbit....if you don't sand your primer with 600grit+ before shooting metallic, and you use a lower grit it will stand up in the cracks and stuff, and look like crap. (never saw it before, but read it on many sites)

just thought i'd throw that out there lol

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/slaxd/lauradonna2.jpg

these pics are from when i first got the car, now theres alot of little dings and scratches because some of my friends are retarded when drunk.

whats on the window?

Archived