help with 15" rims

ok so i'm tryin to find some new 15" wheels for my car. i'm wanting them to be 7" wide. i also want light weights (preferably around 13 or 14 lbs so they're not so light that they'll get bent after one accidental pothole).i'm just needing ideas on good brands or good specific rims to get without going totally broke.

one more question: i know the standard tire size for 15x7 rims is 195/55-15 but is it possible to fit 205/50-15

on them? i already know what tires i'm going to get i just need to find nice rims that are light weight and gooooooood....preferably cheap too like under $110 each. thanks

-Fiire on the mountain run boys run!

Same link as is in the "rims plz" thread:

WheelMax.com

They look great, and user airjordan bought from them and is very satisfied, so it would seem (he posted the link in the first place).

• 2 weeks later...
my 15s weigh 13.8 lbs see that 8 lbs you shave off with the SSR's wont do crap.

I have SSR type-C knockoffs.

If you aren't racing 8 lbs doesn't mean anything, but if you are that could be the difference between winning and losing. Also keep in mind a heavier wheel is going to be more structurally sound. Very light wheels race applications....

-Steve

Heavier doesn't mean its stronger.

Unsprung weight is more important than sprung weight in handling.

I've hit a ton of pot holes and gators (80mph+) on my Rota Slipstreams and they are fine.

Konig Heliums. About $600 for a set. 15x7. 10.8 lbs.

just depends on the type or grade of metals they use in the alloys.

yeah, stevo... Road racing is awesome.. Drag racing is stupid.

try to acually race a 600 hp civic on slicks.. you wont be able to turn. straight line gets boring as hell.

slicks they put on there dont allow them to turn.. they are like 8'' wide and would rub if you tried to go around a turn.

im sure a 600 hp civic on street tires could do fine.. just not with slicks or big radials.

so, then you use a different wheel/tire combo. it's really not hard to change wheels...

Archived