I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!

x03Unknownx85xRacer69x

Hey everyone im new to the forum, err sorry for the long name but everything was taken and all i wanted to do was post and ask you guys a few questions. Basically im looking at these cars right now , civic si, civic hatchback si, del sol, prelude, eclipse , integra gsr. Maybe open for suggestions.. I only have 6k to buy the car, but I will have more for mods because I have steady cash comming in, i just have 6 to spend on the car and I want to know what you guys would suggest buying for the money, something that is easy to mod, cheap, and reliable. and FAST! ;D thx for the help everyone.

civic si, civic hatchback si, del sol, prelude, integra gsr

any of these are good choices... i personally like the 89-94 240sx with a s13 front end and a sr20det in it, but i'm partial :blush:

stay away from eclipses, i know they are popular, but they are also break-down prone, ESPECIALLY when modified.. the tranny tends to go out. the 95's also are prone to crank float which basically destroy's everything inside the engine.

Thanks for the info, I also have heard about eclipses breaking down and having problems especially spyder models and the turbos. Im really looking for a Civic si regardless of the model or a prelude or del sol with a vtec engine and 240sx are very nice and i do like the look of those, but like I said im on a budget and I want something to be fast to begin with and cheap and easy mods, I was looking for integ gsr, but i doubt i could afford one with 6k. Any other info you guys can give would really help I want to buy a car very soon so if you read this please post your opinion, because I NEED A CAR NOW!!! :)

Hey I was wondering if you might know about, turbos on civics and del sols or preludes, like which is cheaper if the engines handle the boost or not, someone told me that the civic engines dont handle boost well, and Im trying to get a car that would take boost well but also doesnt cost a arm and a leg for a turbo either, does anyone have any info they could give me ? and also the prelude what is better the si or the vtech same with the del sol, i know the prelude vtec is a 2.4 apposed to a si 2.2 , so does that mean the vtec has more potential or does it just weigh more and not give you any more speed ;o help would be appreciated. Oh yea forgot to ask, the 240sx u were mentioning on the other topic u said i could find a 89 + for 3-4k and do a engine swap for 3-6k well, if you could give me an exact price for a certain year i could get some extra money together and think about doing that, im guessing thats what you did to your car if so could you tell me how much you payed?

if you go with the civic si and you wanna do an engine swap i can talk with a friend of mine and find out a web site for you on farely inexpensive engine that come with tranny, ECU, and all the goodies that it is supposed to come with and have it delivered to your doorstep. right now my friend can get me a b16a motor for 1100 delivered to my doorstep but right now i dont have the money for it but i will next tax season.

I'd say del Sol, but I'm partial. It has some potential, but there is truth to the saying "del SLOW." VTEC Sols stomp all over the first gen. Miatas...that's what counts. :laugh: They are good handling monsters too, not bad as an autocrosser. For all out speed get a CRX or a hatch...you'll do fine with one of those.

Guest evocivic

im partial to my 96 civic. but if you like the idea of a turbo civic go with a 92-95. the turbo kit is $1500 instead of the $2500 i would pay. you want a car the can take boost. you get this turbo kit and then install sleeves for your rods. change out your retainers with skunks. if you later have the money overboard to a 2.2 liter and you will easiley avoid problems. with these simple mods you can easiley get 16-18 lbs of boost. if left stock you can get 6-8 lbs no problem. keep posting with questions.

if you later have the money overboard to a 2.2 liter and you will easiley avoid problems. with these simple mods you can easiley get 16-18 lbs of boost. if left stock you can get 6-8 lbs no problem. keep posting with questions.

2.2 liters out of a 1.6 liter? i'm hoping that you mean boring out a 1.8 liter, and even then the biggest ive seen was a 2.0 liter.

a civic with a swap and a turbo will be as fast as any of the cars you were askin about yesterday, the 240sx will have more potential then either of those though

Guest evocivic

your right about the 240 turbo and the b18. but this guy is talking about spending $6000. you need a lot of money for what your talking. putting a turbo on a single overhead changing the retainers and sleeving your rods for a start will give you enough to increase the boost a little. plus initially the SOHC will give you more torque. later down the line if money permits swap to a DOHC.

Hey everyone im new to the forum, err sorry for the long name but everything was taken and all i wanted to do was post and ask you guys a few questions. Basically im looking at these cars right now , civic si, civic hatchback si, del sol, prelude, eclipse , integra gsr. Maybe open for suggestions.. I only have 6k to buy the car, but I will have more for mods because I have steady cash comming in, i just have 6 to spend on the car and I want to know what you guys would suggest buying for the money, something that is easy to mod, cheap, and reliable. and FAST! ;D thx for the help everyone.

they're all easy to mod, but the fastest for less, look into a hatch and do a swap to start.

your right about the 240 turbo and the b18. but this guy is talking about spending $6000. you need a lot of money for what your talking.

he said he has 6k to BUY the car, not to mod it.. thats why i suggested an older model 240 as they are alot cheaper then most the other cars on the list and allow him the option to use some of that 6k to do the sr20det swap and/or s13 front end. the sr will make more hp out of less money then any of the other cars suggested except for the break-down prone eclipse, and even then the 240 will out handle it as well as beat it down the 1320.

What about a accord, and what is the engine specs for an accord with vtec motor the same with a civic. I am mostly looking at preludes and accords now, but if I can not find a prelude for what I want si with near 100k miles for 6k$$ or under, then i want to look at the second gen accords, And could anyone tell me if the v6's are good to get or just stick with there faster 4 cyl?

• 1 month later...
here is what you do. buy a 240sx and drop a silvia engine in it and beat the CRAP out of every car you see.  that will be the super machine in racing and you can turbo and intercool it and can piss on any car that you will ever see.

ill vouch for that :D

Archived