Need suspension advice.....NEW TO BOARD

TrueSpeed Performance

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Hondas and new to the board. I was just wondering what would be a good suspension set up for a '93 Civic EX? Are there any parts from other models that I could use i.e. Integra, Prelude, etc.???

What are the best coilovers, springs/shocks, sway bars and brakes to go with?

I'm looking to build this car as an Auto-X car. But I still don't know what class I'm gonna compete in.

Thanks for the help.

-Tony

Tien are really good coilover kits, apexi has a good set, as do hks and tanabae (?sp). but these are all really pricey. if by coilover you mean adjustable springs, as most do, then skunk2 are probably some of the best for the money.

for a cheaper solution then the 1500-2000 coilovers such as tien and apexi, you can go with the skunk2 adjustable springs in integra spring rates and either tokico or kyb adjustable shocks.

Guest evocivic

what kind of drop are you looking for? i have a 2.5 all around my 96. i went with goldline springs. they look great and my 17's are just barely tucked. the good thing about goldline is that the springs keep there stock firmness and they ride great. i havent changed my shocks or struts and my car rides better than stock. as far as the strut bar they arent hard to find. look forward to a sway bar since civics dont have front ones steering and cornering will become a new thrill for you.

im not sure if coilovers are healthy for a car used for autocrossing. it just depends on your budget. since your into auto x'ing, be expecting to spend couple hundred bucks on suspension...but im sure you know this. :) i have seen autox cars that have the eibach logo on them?? if that helps?? lol

Guest evocivic

hes right about the coilovers and autocrossing. sleeves and autocrossing=problems. for the 3 years that i have been autocrossing i have seen too many springs come right out of the strut assembly. when autocrossing springs are the best way to go. like i said earlier look into goldline for a civic.

Archived