what is the redline on a ex tranny

sol less sol

Naw. the tranny just spins the wheels. The rev limiter has to do with the ECU cutting fuel and air once it hits a certain RPM. Thats why the car jumps a little when it hits the rev limiter. If you take off the rev limiter it'll go until you throw a rod or jam up the valves.

My friend just got a new used tranny from a tranny shop and he was dumb and had them put it in. Now he just got it back and he said the redline is around 5,000 and I said to him that it was kinda low. Can someone let me know so we can do somthin about it.

maybe your friend's tranny has taller gear ratios. shorter and closer gear ratios will help optimize engine's revability. acceleration will be enhanced but top speed is somewhat compromised. similar effect with changing tire/wheel diameter of driving wheels. maybe SSR can help w/ tranny selection. goodluck...

the gear ratios in a honda won't get tall enough to affect the revs at all. honda motors are built to be high strung. gears that tall will have tons of torque and we all know hondas are torqueless wonders.

Archived