2000 Civic EX. OBDII Code p1457

Prince

I just picked this car up and I get a check engine light about once a week that gives me this code (P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System)). After I clear it, its gone for about a week. The car seems to be running fine but the light is driving me crazy. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

WOW, Genius ya think? I would fix the problem if I knew what it was, thats why I started the thread. Where would I look for a leak? I don't normally drive or work on HONDA's that is why I am here!

well, genius. try looking at your whole exhaust system, check your exhaust manifold gasket, pipe gaskets, o2 sensors. anywhere that a leak would occur.

dont get smart with me, ill own you.

I'm trying to see that.. You honda guys kill me.. Come on now, no need to get an attitude. I just asked a question, you gave a smart ass reply, so you got one. If you can't handle that maybe you should keep quiet. No need to get all bent out of shape about it.

Also I have checked the usual issues related to this code. I do know what I am doing. I can not seem to find an issue. Everything in the exhaust system seems to be good. I replaced the O2. I am just on here to see if anyone else has had the same issue or could sare some knowladge about the issue with me.

not exhaust leak , under the hood of your car , near the passenger side firewall , theres an empty canister used for the EVAP system as well as a few vacuum lines. check for leaks.

Archived