Well its about that time I get me some headers ^_^

Kicksome123

bout that time of month again when I can order some stuff, now im looking for mid-range performance cause I already got a sri and I was wanting yalls opinions on some headers to get for me. As most of yall know I got a 99 ex so help a brotha out... :D

Look at this ceramic coat, I think it looks better than stainless.

StaggsEngines6.jpg

plus the ceramic coat holds heat in better, and it doesn't rust, or change colors.

nice and shiny, but that dont look like no honda engine to me =P what kinda engine is that?

i have dc sports 4-2-1 header

470739_2_full.jpg

i say stainless because it is stronger than the ceramic and will last longer. ceramic have a coating over them, that can scratch/chip off, exposing the metal and causing rust. it might not happen, but its still possible. i know a bunch of people with stainless and ceramic and both have been fine. so its really up to you.

your header will bolt right up, but make sure you have a gasket

Well, just to bring it out, how bout ebay headers, will you really get better hp out of a name brand headers, put quality and looks aside, i care only about numbers, hp and money that is!

when it comes to ebay, unlike an intake, which is just a tube with a filter and doesnt really matter that much, a header has an actual purpose. ebay headers crack, and rust. do you know how a header works, the shape and bends of a header is the way it is to create basically a vacuum to suck the exhaust gasses out after the explosion. so having a crapty header will decrease flow rates, in which case youll be better off with stock.

when it comes to ebay, unlike an intake, which is just a tube with a filter and doesnt really matter that much, a header has an actual purpose. ebay headers crack, and rust. do you know how a header works, the shape and bends of a header is the way it is to create basically a vacuum to suck the exhaust gasses out after the explosion. so having a crapty header will decrease flow rates, in which case youll be better off with stock.

you sort of dissprooved yourself on the intake thing. intakes are sort of the opposite being that they suck in air, and header sucks out exhaust gasses. so the bends and shape of an intake create better flow. thats why aem and k&n have a business

you sort of dissprooved yourself on the intake thing. intakes are sort of the opposite being that they suck in air, and header sucks out exhaust gasses. so the bends and shape of an intake create better flow. thats why aem and k&n have a business

i see where your comming from. but i mean, an intake is like faaar lesss important than a header. with a header, more serious things can happen from having a faulty header than an intake thats bent incorrectly. the difference between an intake bend will affect you by like .5 hp and your car may not be as fast as it could be or suck in the optimal ammount of air. whereas with a header. if a header is bent incorrectly, overtime its really going to kill your motor. not to mention, a header can rust an crack, an ebay header wont rust, and when was the last time youve heard of an intake cracking?

I bought a $40 integra ebay header for my rail project, and the ceramic coating comes off with paint thinner, or carb cleaner.

I only used the collector off of it (4 pipes to 1) and built my own header. Those things are so damn expensive by themselves!

Archived