red gauges

airjordan223

i remember reading a lil while ago that someone was getting red gauge faces, or red gauges, it was late so i didnt pay attention to where it was, tried the search but no luck. ive been looking for red faced gauges for my sol for a while, wondering if that person found something like that.

like so

enzo%20gauge%20am.jpg

pic doesnt work. but if you want to like, have it so your gague lights are red and shine red at night i did mine. its very simple. clicky i will say that i wouldnt recomend using red testors paint. i did it, it was fine. but to ensure that you have even red lighting, which i didnt, some bulbs were painted darker than others, id see if you could find red bulb condoms instead. if you do use the red testors paint, be tedious and take your time if you want it to look good. another thing ill tell you is that, if you do paint your bulbs or use bulb condoms or red bulbs, that in the day time, you wont clearly be able to see your turn signals indicators on your gauge cluster when their on. you get used to it, and at night you can see it fine. but i mean, if something like that would bother you, i dont recommend doing it.

You should just change the bulbs out to red ones. My brother did that in his old Integra and it actually didn't look too bad.

i was thinking about doing that with red LEDS. but you have to get a certain kind, like with the flat top, so it projects even color and you dont get really bright spots. i really want the red faced gauges, but i think the only way i can get those is to buy an enzo

EDIT: do you have any pics of his?

idk, i think the red faced gauges would be tooooo much you know. like since you have a red car, and red gauges. itd almost be like having a red car with red rims you know. maybe find some indiglows that glow red, or something.

yeah ive tried to find red indiglo but they only have blue/green combos. but i think the red faces would go good with the rest of my interior

velvet bitches

470739_48_full.jpg

im going to cover the rest of the grey with black suede so its gone be full pimp

yeah ive tried to find red indiglo but they only have blue/green combos. but i think the red faces would go good with the rest of my interior

velvet bitches

470739_48_full.jpg

im going to cover the rest of the grey with black suede so its gone be full pimp

yah red may not be soo bad. how did you do red head liner, vinyl. you know what would be bad ass. you should get your seats reupholstered in black leather and red leather. but have the red leather, of course, be the stripe down the center, and have it be like that velvety feelinng leather, not the vinyl leather - you know the leather thats reeeeeeeeealy expensive. i got a price quote for 1,200 for the pair. not too bad imo, i mean they said, that there wont be any sagging in the seat, the material will be flush, and not have any bumps or waves, all the stitching will be even, etc.

yah red may not be soo bad. how did you do red head liner, vinyl. you know what would be bad ass. you should get your seats reupholstered in black leather and red leather. but have the red leather, of course, be the stripe down the center, and have it be like that velvety feelinng leather, not the vinyl leather - you know the leather thats reeeeeeeeealy expensive. i got a price quote for 1,200 for the pair. not too bad imo, i mean they said, that there wont be any sagging in the seat, the material will be flush, and not have any bumps or waves, all the stitching will be even, etc.

the headliner is velvet too. just took the roof off, took of the plastic pieces and the gray vinyl piece comes right apart from everything. im looking to reupholster the seats, but still searching for a good deal

i was thinking about doing that with red LEDS. but you have to get a certain kind, like with the flat top, so it projects even color and you dont get really bright spots. i really want the red faced gauges, but i think the only way i can get those is to buy an enzo

EDIT: do you have any pics of his?

There was a pic at one time, but I'm sure it's gone now from either when my brother had the car or after he traded it to Joey. The bulbs were not flat on top, and the color was even as far as I remember.

i found redface gauges but they had no backlight for my civic when i had one and they were a brand called kroto

thanks man, i checked kroto out and of course they dont make them for a del sol....

Archived