alternator

92ge

how do you tighten the belt on the alternator...i got it loose so i can slide he alternator back and forth so the belt would fit onto the pull, but now i dont know how to tighten up the belt...?

it doesnt matter , lol. theres a 14mm bolt on the bottom , and a 12mm on top. leave the bottom one loose , pull the alternator towards firewall with belt on to tighten it , tighten the 12mm bolt on the bracket to hold it tight. than tighten the bottom one.

it doesnt matter , lol. theres a 14mm bolt on the bottom , and a 12mm on top. leave the bottom one loose , pull the alternator towards firewall with belt on to tighten it , tighten the 12mm bolt on the bracket to hold it tight. than tighten the bottom one.

i was goann serch for how it is set up on his car then post how to fix it. try and get some pics and crap

i was goann serch for how it is set up on his car then post how to fix it

I think it's funny how all the regs seem to hate xero. Yet he's doing the searching work for the noobs that the regs complain that none of the noobs ever do....He's doing exactly what the regs say the noobs should do...google

cheack how tight it is then repost.

edit: how old is the belt/ what kinda condition is it in? a new belt won't hurt and u will have to replace your current belt some time, but it may not be nessery( dependign on the condition of your current belt), if you have the extra cash to spend then do it

with the car off , lol , grab the belt and see how much you can flex it(how much belt deflection there is). shouldnt be killer tight , or really loose either. if its sqeaking it could be either.

no play = way to tight

u can cause probelsm wiht it to tight, bend the altenator post and otehr crap. that will turn out to creatign a sqreak so losen it up fast

Archived