5 lug swap

speedemon

i have an 86 prelude Si and it still has the stock AL spoke rims and they are 4 lug. what all would i need to do a 5 lugs conversion and how much work would it involve to accomplish. i'm handy wrench and impact so the difficulty isn't a problem its more of a money issue. if there is anybody out there that thinks it isn't worth the time or the money please expound on why. i wouuldn't mind keeping the stock rims since they are pretty nice and still in good shape but good lord they are only 13".

I think that 5 lug conversions are completly and utterly pointless...

There are plenty of 4 lug aftermarket rims out there that look great...

youre stupid, having the five lug conversion offers better braking and more of a wheel selection. i did a five lug conversion on my hatch and felt a world of difference.

how did you go about doin that?

took a whole suspension of a jdm ctr and converted it over.

you can take a five lug suspension from a itr or ctr and bolt it onto any eg, ek civic and any dc integra. as well as a five lug suspension from an rsx or dc5 itr and bolt it onto a em2 civic.

nice i thought about doin that to my eg but i donno if i wanto to spend the money.

the cheapest complete conversion ive seen was like 850. hmotorsonline has them all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

i never said i wanted more power out ot the swap i just want a better wheel selection. and it would also be very nice if somebody could explain to me what cars are being discussed with all those abreviations in the above posts.

youre stupid, having the five lug conversion offers better braking and more of a wheel selection. i did a five lug conversion on my hatch and felt a world of difference.

I still think its pointless... for performance anyway, you want to do it for looks... go for it.

I would rather just buy new brakes for stopping power...

the majority of newer cars are all coming out with 5 lug or better. the reason is more lugs distrubites stress put on them on accel and braking. also since more cars now are coming out 5 lug and going to be in the future as companies make their new rims selection if going to be geared to 5 lug

theres way more 5 lug wheels out there than 4 dude. go look. hundreds more. why would they make more wheels for 4 lug over 5 lug when 4 lug is like majorly the minority. in any case , i think your exaggerating on the 50 lbs , but yeah it adds weight. 50 lbs is alot dude. the whole brake setup off the front , both sides , calipers , rotors , pads , and caliper mounts dont even hit 50 lbs. prolly.

Archived