First time at the strip!

Attaus

So I just got back from Temple Raceway where me and a couple of my friends ran some times. This was my first time out there, so I observed a few races and then lined up.

The car is '94 Prelude Si with an intake, exhaust, kumhos, and a poorly running ZEX 55 shot. Auto tranny.

First attempt --

60' - 2.33

330' - 6.43

1/8 - 9.9 @ 70.41

1/4 - 15.73 @ 79.02

I sort of left off at the end, so that explains the low trap.

After another run, I got this --

60' - 2.32

330' - 6.52

1/8 - 10.02 @ 70.47

1/4 - 15.48 @ 88.60

I pretty much averaged that out the whole night. I was running 2.3's/2.4's in the 60', which I thought was pretty proud with for nearly bald tires and a slushbox. The 14 sec GT's were getting high 2.4's.

Highlight of the night -- crushing my friend in a C70, and then beating a Sentra SE-R by half a length.

Anyway, I think that's a pretty good base and I've got a lot of work to do but I think I can break into the 14's with a slightly bigger shot/warmer bottle/octane boost.

when i first got my prelude i went to PIR (portland international raceway) just to see what it could do. i averaged about 16.5 with bald ass tires that wouldn't stick worth crap and it was my second time driving it. disipointing times for me though.

when i first got my prelude i went to PIR (portland international raceway) just to see what it could do. i averaged about 16.5 with bald ass tires that wouldn't stick worth crap and it was my second time driving it. disipointing times for me though.

NORTHWESTERNERS ARE FTW! you know though, i found my launches were better with bald tires than with new tires. i mean, when i launched with my full treaded tires, they spun alot and didnt grip, and it was more like i was burning out then launching. why is that, mind you neither the bald tires or these new tires were performance tires.

my bald ones sucked so bad. my launches where the worst and i am embarassed to even think about how much better it would have been with my new tires on. where r u from sonny.NW?

my bald ones sucked so bad. my launches where the worst and i am embarassed to even think about how much better it would have been with my new tires on. where r u from sonny.NW?

tacoma. i frequent pdx every now and again for raves though.

My sister lives there, and I go there kinda often. Im actually planning on going again during Christmas or Spring Break.

nifty, do you drive or fly. if you come down for spring break, you should bring the sol, because team del sol wa starts meets about that time.

tires with no tread are better for drag racing. it puts more of a surface area to the ground to give you more traction. why do you think people race with slicks instead of tires with tread?

So yeah, 2.32 is a good 60' time for my setup?

I got that by torque braking to 2,500 or 3,000.. I wasn't paying attention, then flooring it and engaging spray my initial launch. The wheels hopped a lot.. to be expected, but I held my own with just about everyone off the line. It was the 330' to 1/8th that killed me.

haha bad boy you. lmao what did you do to get in there?

it was "attempted unlawful possession of an incediary device"

I made a shrapnel grenade and got caught with it on school grounds, i was showing it off to one of my friends when someone i knew ratted me out.

Iva Alice Mann Middle School in lakewood, it was on Feb 2, 2000 when i was arrested

gay sauce. you went mann middle school. i went to lochburn. hella ghetto, as im sure you know. i then went to clover park hs, then pierce community college.

gay sauce. you went mann middle school. i went to lochburn. hella ghetto, as im sure you know. i then went to clover park hs, then pierce community college.

ewwww cp high, with all the spoiled rich kids that thought they were the crap. lol. my older brother went to lakes high. yeah, i went to mann, got expelled. lol. finished the 8th grade in rehman hall. moved to arizona that summer and went to high school there.

Archived