b18c swap

nitelights

b18c1? or b18c5? i'm guessing the b18c1, if so it depends on what year you want...

www.jdmhondaparts.com has obd1 (93-95) for $3150, obd2 (96-00). if you have a 96+ car you HAVE to do obd2 otherwise you wont pass emissions. they also have the b18c5 for $4650

you're in cali correct? you know the cops will spot a gsr swap into a civic if you ever get pulled over :mad: stupid police... they dont check to see if those older mustangs and camaro's have the stock engines but hell as soon as imports start swappin its illegal.

back on topic, 3200 is good if its a usdm, the ones i found are all jdm so you probably wont pass smog with them.

i can get hookups for engine.. my homeboy is in ERC and ERC has a shop which also they quoted a price for type-r b18c5 with tranny and ecu, 3000 in freemont cali.

oo and theres no heat(cops) in tracy cali..

EDIT:: add, ERC is around Sac town, ever heard of them??also ERC is everywhere in Nocal..

3000 is an amazing price for a b18c5. what year? i think the only difference is the size of the ecu ?other places charge upwards of 4600 to 5500 for the newer engines. if you were going to pay 3200 for a gsr, i'd pay 3000 for a type r, its a much better engine IMO

yea i cant get much better hook ups but i can probably get u a gsr swapped into your car for about 3350. and a itr for about 4000. but that is the best i can do and u will have to do without your car for awhile cause it gona have to be shipped here and then done test drove and broken in and then shipped back in snip snap shape

think you could check the price for the b18c gsr swap, im up right near sacremento. thanks alot man. ;]

yea.. i'l quote a price for yah, im sure he can getta gsr for around 3000/or there best offer..

• 1 month later...

How much work is it getting the B18C into a 92-95 Civic EX anyway? Assuming the motor comes with axles, shift linkage, wiring harness, ecu, etc....is it any more work than installing a B16A2----and are there any more parts needed?

Not to steal the thread, but I'm also currently pondering whether to purchase a B16A2 with LSD or a B18C without LSD (for now). Any suggestions?

Archived