Is this possable?

Well I have two hondas one is 1988 prelude and my current one is a 1989 accord. The lude comes with an a 2.0 DOHC and the accord comes with a 2.0 also but is a sohc. My question is; could I put the dohc head on a sohc motor? Would I need to take the computer out of the lude and put it in the accord? Both are automatics. I was just thinking on it, as my lude is all torn apart (its a rust bucket) and the accord just has that lack of power.

ANy ideas?? I'm looking into what I can do with this current motor. Or would it be just better to fork out the $$$ for the vtec and haveing sombody figure that out on how to put in it there and such?

Future plans was to get the current motor rebuilt (with the best) turbo it, rebuild the suspenion, then make the car look fancy (body kit, nice paint job) then work on the interior

Any ideas on what is possable for these little soch engins would be gr8!!!

lol, the accord 4 cyl motors are Aseries design, and the prelude is 2.0L DOHC is a B20A, and the accord has a unique motor, though it is weak its called A20A3, many people have this problem if they can fit differnent part on different cars. anyways, you cant make the prelude B20A swap on to an A20A3 block.. few reason you ask?? the ports and the linings are differnts; such as the passage ways for the motor, not even the pistons can fit in the accord..

but a better idea!! :p swap the whole B20A on to the accord if you can do this..

(anyways, you cant fit Bseries parts on K,A,F series motors)

Hmm, well if your Prelude is pretty much scrapped, might as well take the engine and put it in the Accord.

Since it's a B20A, would it be possible to pull of some VTEC hybrid like the CR-VTEC? That'd be a first since I never heard of that...

Hmm, well if your Prelude is pretty much scrapped, might as well take the engine and put it in the Accord.

Since it's a B20A, would it be possible to pull of some VTEC hybrid like the CR-VTEC? That'd be a first since I never heard of that...

yea i was thinkin of that, swapping a prelude B20A bottom block, with a CRV B20B vtec head... on an ...89 honda accord!!!

hummmm.... Well I would however I've never heard the lude run. I bought it with knowing that it had a busted timming belt so I got a new head and slaped it on there, and well I can't get it align (all the timming marks..

I was tho thinking that myself, just getting a a prelude motor and puttign the hole thing in there, but I head that the lude motors are a more of a tilt (in some way) and the accord hood and such can't allow it to fit, but if I go and put this motor in my accord, then I could just redo it all.. should be fun!!!

So I'm new to this honda thing (I've messed with older cars "ford")

I know I have the lude block bottom end, and whats this "CRV B20B vtec head" and how much do those run for??

Will I need to use the computer out the lude for the accord, or keep the accord com??

If I put in the lude motor I would have to use the tranny thats on the lude, is there going to be any problems with that??

btw the lude tranny has that switch to hold the gears for a sport feature is that going to be able to be used in the accord?

will the wire harness from the lude motor work with the accord wire harness on the car?

I know these are some pretty hard questions, and some mabe really easy, but I don't know, and I'm looking for the info..

Out of thought how much HP you guys figuring with that motor combo to have???

Thanks,

Jason

I know I have the lude block bottom end, and whats this "CRV B20B vtec head" and how much do those run for??

the crv b20b is a 2.0 liter block that many people use and put a vtec head, either b16a or b18c5 head on, to make it a true hybrid motor. they usually produce hp numbers of around 200-250 whp depending on mods

Ok well I just got doen looking at my engin bay in the accord, and then at the bay of the lude. Yeah theres a bit more room in the lude bay than in the accord. So I think I'm going to buy another accord motor, thats has the efi, being that my accord is an se-i it all ready has the hookups for it all.

If I was to rebuild the motor mabe bore it, and get all goodies for it so that it can with stand the use of turbo. I want a fast motor, but yet usable every day. I want it fast tho. What can be done to a honda automatic tranny??

I think I'm goign to keep the stock motor, and rebuild another motor on the side. I want the best tho, are these motors any good beefed up??

Or is there anything newer that can be put on this motor, like that head deal that you guys were talking about for the lude bottom end.

Just thoughts tho... huh

Thanks,

Jason

Really??? Well what can be done with the tranny?? is there ways to build the tranny up to handle the power???

Its not so much that I"m set on getting it turbo'd, but I'd rather get turbo than nos! I don't know on how much power I'd get from just giveing the head a 4 angle valve job, porting a polishing, then also do that to the intake and such.. then turbo....

SOund like a decent idea??

Jason

Did I scare you? Didn't mean too...but if you take good care of your tranny, you should be fine. But in general, Honda auto trannies, don't hold up well with turbo. To help alleviate you should look into an oil cooler for the tranny as well as a torque converter, I think. Maybe try to find someone who can build a stronger tranny.

Mind you, there's a good amount of Honda autos out there with turbo. Some lasted for years...others went to crap in 3 weeks. Depends on how you treat it.

Its not that you scared me, but I never really took in to too much thought about it. I should take all things in to thouhgt tho. Making a car do more than 120 or what ever or it goign faster faster, puts alot of a stress ona car that wasn't made for it. Hence me asking before doing. I think I may know sombody who I can go to for the tranny, whats a good torque converter to get? like stall??

Just asking, I'm getting as much info. as I possably can!

Thanks,

Jason

I got an ideal last night looking at both motors, would the intake produce more flow on the lude motor than the accord intake? If so would the lude intake manifold bolt on to the accord head? I Would think being that the lude has a 16 valve system, and the accord has only a 12, but with more flow from the lude intake on the accord should produce more HP???

Just getting ideas and seeing what you all think,

Jason

I don't think the intake manifolds will fit either...two engines from different series. I'm not sure about what kind of torque converter you need for your engine, but I figure you want a high stall converter.

the crv b20b is a 2.0 liter block that many people use and put a vtec head, either b16a or b18c5 head on, to make it a true hybrid motor. they usually produce hp numbers of around 200-250 whp depending on mods

lol my fren has a godly all motor crx, running mid 13s with a CRV B20B block, with B16A2 vtec head..pretty kool :o

is he running stock pistons or sumthin? i was planning on running mid to low 12's with a b20/vtec in a crx.. before i sold her :( but then i got my new baby :D

lol, his internals are stock, but hes going for turbo soon..

did he resleave the block? if not then he might be lookin for a new block soon huh b20 blocks are notorious for cracking sleeves. go down to your local honda dealer, they'll have a nice selection of b20's with cracked sleeves or cylinders. even under normal loads they crack :o

Archived