enigne not shutting off

92ge

well i bought a turbo charged d15b hatch and it runs great. the only thing wrong with it is the fuel. i have to run a positive and negative wire from the battery to the fuel tank connection to send fuel to the engine. it works good like that but when i turn the key to the off position and take it out....the car still runs....is that because of the constant battery connection to the gas tank...can i also hook that up to the stereo harness so when i turn off the car, the deck will, and also the gas tank....or should i just get a switch to turn it on and off...? any suggestions...

oh yea...have you guys ever heard of greddy turbo kit that does not require an intercooler...? j/w....

there are kits that dont use an intercooler but they are FTL.

intercooler = more power. youre engine probly still runs because the way the turbo is set up. its good to keep your engine running for awhile after youre done driving so the turbo can cool down. how long does your engine keep running?

Wrong bolander. Running low boost like the 6psi is not really worse. No intercooler means less lag. That and on low boost you won't benefit from the intercooler as much as on higher boost. So, on low boost the lesser lag will usually outweigh any small increase from the intercooler. That's why the greddy kits don't always come with one.

Edit: I shouldn't say you're wrong, just that you didn't really disclose all the answers about kits without intercoolers.

sounds like a messed up wiring problem. you say you have switch for the fuel pump? thats what it sounded like when i read it, but do you turn that off when you turn the key off? if not i could see the engine sputtering for a moment after you turn it off considering its still getting fuel. and if you have a turbo timer, like rboguy said, it will keep your motor running for a certain amount of time after you turn the key off. that just allows the turbo to slowly cool down instead of durasticly changing temp from driving hard to off right away.

besides all that, i say have it rewired the right way so you dont have to worry about turning your fuel pump off manually.

i'm not sure if there is a turbo timer...i don't see one anywhere?...could there be a built in one?....how long should the engine be running for after the ignition is off....

but again like i said....the fuel pump was having some problems so i hooked up a + & - wire from the battery to the connection on the gas tank (underneath the rear seat) and it seems to pump gas that way...but with my engine still running after the ignition is turned off...could that be because the battery is still pumping gas into my engine and not shutting off? if the turbo does have a built in turbo timer, how long can it stay running for?

It doesn't have a built in turbo timer, but I'd guess it does have one installed somwhere. Pull the casing off around the steering column and see if any of the wires are tapped into. If they are, trace the wires and see if you find a turbo timer hidden somewhere.

yeah i guess i can do that...but the guy that i bough it from said that he didn't put in a turbo timer....i don't know what else is wrong with it...

but it is not the connection from the battery to the gas tank is it?

heres a comparison for ya , get in your ed and pull the covers over your face , and breath or about 5 mins , breathing the hot air makes it hard to breath. now poke your head out of the covers and your like ahhhhh.

under covers = no IC

Nice try cranny, but the fact that it's hot air has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that you're isolated and using up your oxygen and replacing it with carbon dioxide. When you get out from under the covers your getting a fresh dose of Oxygen.

hung you really are a HF jerkface , hahaha , sorry bad comparison , how about this , put a fukin IC on it , lol , hows that better hung? lol. super heated air = not as good as cooler air.

how did the car get in this state? why would someone do this? i suggest getting some diagrams and fixing it properly. if not , theres tap ins for acc , on , and constant power on your fuse panel ready for action. just put a wire on them. i suggest at least running your fuel pump off this instead of constant. but it still dont make sense cause the engine needs more than fuel to run , obviously the ignition is staying live as well. id say take your lower cover off your steering column and have a look. find out where someone was fukin with it and rewire it.

it's still not shutting off...but if i was to get a turbo timer and got it installed professonally...would the car turn off when the turbo timer goes off too...? or will it sputter before it dies...

it's still not shutting off...but if i was to get a turbo timer and got it installed professonally...would the car turn off when the turbo timer goes off too...? or will it sputter before it dies...

I'd get your original problem fixed before I started addin crap to it.

Archived