Just bought a Si

Supraredliner

CTR is rumored to come over. and the RTR is a more confirmed rumor.

my 2 cents: they won't bring over either. they will just make a "factory performance" package for both to get them the little extra things that the R's get...such as the body kits, wheels, suspension, etc.

THe RTR will be coming over if it can pass emissions. Honda is playing around with the cat placement.

I have an '02 Si and have been very happy with it. The suspension is its weak point. The dampening is too soft in the rear (among other things). I haven't done any mods yet (mainly because there are very few aftermarket parts for it, but it's a new model, and the fact that its been raining like crazy). It doesn't make a great drag car, but that was not what it was intended to do. As for the intake system, it is very restrictive. I work for a BMW tuner and am involved with the design of these systems to some extent (software mainly). The air cleaner box is a labyrinth of twists and turns. From what I have heard a cold air intake frees up quite a bit of horsepower.

As for the I-VTEC the intake cams have 2 lobes per cylinder, one with low lift and one with high lift (low obviously being low RPM). I don't know what the swithover point is at WOT what from what I feel across the RPM band it seems to be about 4500 RPM. At other throttle angles I am sure it is varied via a timing map and is different for different temperatures, etc.) The intake also has steplessly variable cam timing (I'm not sure across how many degrees). I am not sure if the exhaust valve is steplessly variable or just 'on or off' but it is one of the two. The engine has consistant torque across the RPM band up to the rev-limiter (it's my opinion that the rev-limiter could be set higher because the engine is still pulling hard when it hits the rev limiter).

Archived