tail light problem

strrter

i got a set of altezza tail lights and well the tail lights fit to the car the light sockets dont so much so i was wondering if anybody has suggestions or possibly a part that i need to fix this problem so i have working tail lights!!!

thanks

Joel

This is one of the problems you'll run into when buying cheaper aftermarket parts. (i.e. ebay parts) My suggestion is to set the lights and run a bead of silicone around the housing where the bulbs mount. You'll obviously want to hold them tight for awhile to make sure the dry tight.

i got a set of altezza tail lights and well the tail lights fit to the car the light sockets dont so much so i was wondering if anybody has suggestions or possibly a part that i need to fix this problem so i have working tail lights!!!

thanks

Joel

My tail lights (not altezza, obviously, but they could be) had a seperate harness/bulbs for the tail lights that plug into the factory wiring. I think the brake lights were alright, but the Parking lights, instead of 1 light had 2 lights on the trunk piece of the tail light, so it needed different bulbs and a wiring harness that came with them (but I bought them from a dealer, not ebay) I don't know what year your car is, but mine is a 2000...

i bought ebay tail lights. tell me why one fit perfectly, and the other one didnt. there was like a big gap between the corner of the light and car. i read the comments on the seller, and there were a few people who complained. like i think i totally got my money's worth, i mean i dont member how much i paid, but it wasnt much. but in all honesty, if the maker of the lights actually took the time to make sure his crapt fit right, he could put in his listing, that, the lights are gauranteed to fit like stock or your money back hassle free. idk how many of you have bought from ebay, and have to return the item, but its not exactly the easiest thing to do. if he did this though, he could jack up the price and rake in the dough.

body had damage..

are you saying what if their body had frame damge, and they put the lights on and they didnt fit? if so, all id ask is to send a pic and a vin number and if the pic looks clean and the vin doesnt show any accidents, then id be more than willing to refund the money.

Archived