Turbo issues.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

take the information seriously yes. cause this is how we learn together. but i dont hold grudges , i dont dislike pyro , lol. just discussing man. sounds like you do take it seriously if you think im upset about it , lol , cause i aint.

PS , when i say thats what idiots do , i was talking about me , lol. not pyro.

I knew you'd give me crap xxscaxx. I am a legacy lovin' hoe. Really, though they're for different purposes. For a single or married guy with no kids......STI all the way. For a married guy with kids or kids in their near future, the legacy GT is hard to beat. It can be made stupid fast and has all the creature comforts a family man would need. Just different purposes. I think a wingless legacy gt dropped on 18's is hard to beat as far as looks go though.

lol, i was just bustin ur balls. i completely agree to be honest.

I'll simplify things on what makes a turbo spool.

Takes load...that's it. More load = more spool.

Load = high volume of HOT exhaust gas.

Things that create load on an engine are: WOT acceleration (successive gears = more load), positive grades (going up hill), towing, etc. Not as much RPM...but throttle position. Throttle position determines how much fuel the PCM will deliver through the injectors. Take for instance you are cruising along on the highway, boost gauge reads vacuum and you start going up a slight hill. You apply more throttle to maintain current speed, rpms do not change, and the turbo begins to spool. What happened? Turbo is responding to increased load placed on the engine. Load causes increased EGT's which, combined with the increased air moving through the engine (remember the additional throttle applied) causes the turbo to spool up.

Simple really.

did you guys see the episode of american hotrod , when they put a twin turbo small block chev into a 63 vette i think it was(red one). pulled like 700 on the dyno or somin like that. buddy had it idling on a dyno machine(engine only not in a car) , and everytime he gave it a shot of gas , flames would shoot about 4 feet out the open ended hot side of the turbos as thier wasnt exhaust on the engine , was fukin awsome , lol. that engine was a beast.

grand nationals even in thier stock form were beasts. 3.8 v6 turbo , dont know what they were rated for , but ive been in one , and it was scary , lol. i was 15 years old(not driving , lol).

Archived