help with 99 CL

I'm new to these forums, but hopefully you guys can be as much help as the Miata.net guys are with my other car.

Alright, my 99 CL 3.0 is sitting in the driveway. Works fine. But a slight problem with the dash. I'm not sure how the other Acuras are, but in mine, there's an indicator that shows when the third brake light is on and which door is open. The actual third brake light works fine, but the indicator is always on. I'm thinking it's most likely some wiring in the dash board, but I'm not too good with electronics and I don't want to begin fiddling around under there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael

ive learn few stuff about acura car, they have an combination valve; which also has a metering valve, propotioning valve, and a sensor valve.

--a metering valve is kinda of the opposite but has some cool stuff, im not sure if they have a booster on hondas or acuras since their brakes are small, but all a booster dose is transmit at least 3 times the braking power when you hit the pedel,(i think metering is for domestics front disc but few imports have this kinda of pressure valve)

--a proportioning valve dose one thing: during hard braking, it cuts off rear power to transmit around 70% of the braking power to the front, only IF you have rear drum brakes... so basically you dont have that..

--i know that the sensor valve, honda,acura have, because all it dose it...

..example:: ------\ /------ with so much pressure, from hard stopping or riding on your brakes, its possible to get that \ / = valve, to an offset to the left or rihgt of the sensor valve such as, ----\ /-- ------ , when this occurs, it triggers a light sensor gone bad, it tells the driver that either we have a problem in our brake lines or LeftFront wheel ,RightRear wheel or RightFront wheel ,RearLeft wheel, or it means that its outta brake fluid...

(well thats all i know for now, im boutto take my cali brake lamp test) :laugh::laugh:

Well, that's great, very informative information on brakes. But like I said, my brakes work fine. Just the indicator inside the dash is acting up. But your mention of brake fluid and brake lines got me thinking...I'll have to do more investigating. As long as it's not a driveability problem, I'm not too pissed off yet.

Well, that's great, very informative information on brakes. But like I said, my brakes work fine. Just the indicator inside the dash is acting up. But your mention of brake fluid and brake lines got me thinking...I'll have to do more investigating. As long as it's not a driveability problem, I'm not too pissed off yet.

yea, the offset could also be defective, meaning that your brakes can work fine, and still have that light on..

You guys, I'm effing retarded. Sometimes the solution can be as simple as Britney Spears.

I LOOKED IN THE OWNER'S MANUAL. When that indicator light comes on even when you're not on the brake pedal, it just means that one of the brake lights is out. So I guess I'll go to Kragen and buy a new bulb.

I guess we all learn someday. I used to have a Mustang 5.0, so everytime (every month) something wasn't quite right, it meant another $600 repair. I guess I got accustomed to that and now everytime I face something remotely out of place, I assume it's a mechanical problem. F-cking domestics.

Now the question is, how do I install the light bulb?!

Just kidding. Thanks for all the help.

I guess we all learn someday. I used to have a Mustang 5.0, so everytime (every month) something wasn't quite right, it meant another $600 repair. I guess I got accustomed to that and now everytime I face something remotely out of place, I assume it's a mechanical problem. F-cking domestics.

i like that quote. :laugh:

and i'm glad that you found a solution to your problem. :)

Archived