Cracked Side Mirror Help!

Amalgam

:mad: As I was backing out of my garage, my passenger side mirror hit the side of the garage door and is now cracked. The mirror and mechanism is actually ok, just the molding has crack lines on it and one small piece of it came off too!

I was thinking of glueiing it back together with crazy glue and paint the cracks with some touch-up paint. I am selling the car soon so I want to fix it for the time being. Any better idea?

Please HELP!!! :blush:

Amalgam

well when i had my ford i hit a guard rail, and took a chunk out... what i did was get some auto tape and paint the color that matched. it worked out so well noone knew a thing. when i let them repo it they told me it was in good shape...i laughed...lol....and if you dont like that i dea bondo it then sand it down then paint it...

you could take it to the dealer and have them put on a whole new mirror. i'm guessing it wouldn't cost more than 75 dollars...but then again this is the dealer, and they will probably jack the price up.

might could get aftermarket mirrors for a little more or a little less. never know.

Ebay usually has replacement mirrors for your car. Many are factory mirrors and not aftermarket. Shouldn't be too expensive either.

There are also Honda OEM parts dealers online. Don't know any of the sites offhand.

Maybe it's a good time to install M3 Style Mirrors... :p

Hehe...CF mirrors with turn signals...those are the rage you know!

If you want OEM mirrors, you can check out H-Parts.Com...good place to find OEM stuff, as long as you know parts numbers...I hear the service is good and they have some good prices...

civgrl01:

What kind of "auto tape" are you referring to? And did you actually ask a body shop to paint your mirror after taping it?

My "actual" mirror is not broken, but rather its surrounding moulding has crack lines.

Maybe I should take a picture of it and post it in here...

Stay tuned guys!

iit was red reflecting tape for cars and then i got ford red touch up paint... i just to my imagination and did it... iso i taped it then painted it.... as for your cracks maybe fill it with bondo like i said before to stop any further cracking and sand it and try the touch up paint...enless you wanna buy a new one...

it'd be easier to just buy a new one...

here's one on ebay for a 1994 accord? but you have a 1998 right? keep checking ebay to see if anybody puts on up, or try to find a honda oem parts site. i used to know one, but i forgot it. i'll have to look on my history when i get home from school...anyways, here's the one on ebay as a reference:

Ebay mirror

• 2 weeks later...

Archived