Plating

..SSR..

Go ahead and lock it, as i found out how much it will cost.

honda_civicex95 Posted on Jan 27 2003, 8:55 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no comment. besides the fact that that is just stupid. 

So you're saying that the Accord Coupe concept with the black chrome wheels is stupid?

So you're saying that the Accord Coupe concept with the black chrome wheels is stupid?

no, i'm saying that all your conflicting ideas are stupid. go ahead and spend all your money on a cf body, and then spend more money to INCREASE your rotational mass. yeah, makes a lot of sense. if you want to hit 10's your going to need a lot more than just 425whp.

Yes, they are black chrome.

honda_civicex95 Posted on Jan 30 2003, 8:55 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no, i'm saying that all your conflicting ideas are stupid. go ahead and spend all your money on a cf body, and then spend more money to INCREASE your rotational mass. yeah, makes a lot of sense. if you want to hit 10's your going to need a lot more than just 425whp. 

Dude, you don't even know what I'm talking about. Unless you know what I'm talking about, then don't say anything.

But about the wheel size.....

You know that the more tread surface per rotation you have, the better acceleration you will have. So go ahead with you little 15" Spoon wheels and try to out accelerate me.

Ok, I'll explain. I'll use 18's and 15's as an example. To keep the variables low, the car is a vom-bomb that has 100whp @ 8,000 RPM.

RPM is always the same no matter what wheel size you're using.

1 rotation of an 18 gets you more tread surface than 1 rotation of a 15.

Press the throttle long enough for the wheels to do 1 full rotation and which car will be ahead? The vom-bomb with the 18's.

Now do the same thing but this time long enough for 20 full rotations and who will be ahead? The vom-bomb with the 18's.

Get my drift?

are you really that stupid? why didn't you take into account the other variables?

weight, rotational mass of those wheels, etc.

mash the gas on the 15's and they are going to be a hell of a lot easier to turn, yielding better respose and better rev pick up. whoever gets them turning faster gets going faster.

mash the gas on the 18's and you get a lugged out 100whp wigger car. then it finally reaches its powerband and starts to pick up. your looking at taillights.

its just like gears. small gears turn up small top speeds. but they get the fastest acceleration. big gears get slow ass acceleration, but they kill on top speeds. if you knew anything at all i'd take more time to prove your..well...stupid. but you don't, so oh well.

Yes, I did take into account those other variables. Acceleration is when something is gaining speed.

So when the vom-bomb with the 15's has reached its top speed, then von-bomb with the 18's will still be accelerating.

There is more to acceleration than just the holeshot.

when have you ever seen a car reach its top speed in a 1/4 mile. never. which is my point. my car with the 15's will kill your car with the 18's. period. you'd be stupid to keep argueing it.

and since when is the holeshot not important in drag racing...or any other racing for that matter? :rolleyes:

Ok, I will explain it just a little further since you don't understand.

Mash the gas of both vom-bombs until they're redlining at 8,000RPM and both the 15's and 18's will be spinning at 8,000 RPM.

The vom-bomb with the 15's might get off faster due to torque, but by the end of the 1/4 mile, the vom-bomb with the 18's will be ahead due to tread surface area.

Holeshot in drag racing doesn't matter. The only thing it matters in is a track race when there are actually turns and the field can't stay four wide the whole track.

again...when have you EVER seen a car reach its top speed in a 1/4 mile? the one with 18's will have a better top speed, but not by much, and it will take longer to get up to that top speed. however, the 15's will get up to a higher speed in a shorter amount of time...which is what you want to do in the 1/4 mile.

holeshots matter in all racing.

Archived