2004 ex 3.0

whatthe21

Ok everybody. Im kinda new to this whole honda thing. Ive owned dodge and chevys all my life and still own my ram 4x4 but the wife and i now also have a 2004 accord ex 3.0 and ive got some questions. I know a lot about american cars and trucks but none of the import stuff.

My parents have always owned and worked on hondas but only the 4 cyl models.

Anyhow first off. Since this car is used with 50k miles i was wondering what i should replace like plug wires or whatever. Also Is there a website were i can check to see if any of the saftey recalls on this car have or have not been fixed. "You can check dodge stuff on the chrysler website via vin number".

This cars hauls serious but for a 4 door and normally i do performance mods to my vehicals but since this will be a daily driver for the wife i will leave it alone.

Is there any problematic spots on the 2004 accords v6 models.?

Its an ex with all the goodies like heated seats leather all that crap that a guy like me doesnt need but a woman like my wife must have. Haha.

Thanks.

Must say the fuel mileage is much nicer than my rams 10mpg.

give her a good smack dude , thatl straighten her out , hehe, just kiddin man , chances are youl have a car you can drive for 10 years right there without doing anything but regular maintenance.

50k for a 04 model is a lot of mileage! Hopefully the previous owner kept up with the oil change.

To answer your question, at 50k, you should get a tune up. Not the major tune up that requires changing out the timing belts and such but just little things such as, as you mentioned, spark plugs, ignition wires, air filters, maybe a transmission flush, and coolant flush. While you're at it and if your budget allows, go ahead and do an oil change. All that should be enough for you to feel a little difference in the performance of the car. I would recommend changing the belts at around 100k miles or so. :)

nothing needs to be changed till at least 85,000 miles. by the way TL , his car doesnt have spark plug wires and you never ever need to flush a manual tranny. just change the fluid every 5 years , lol. look in your owners manual whatthe , it will have a maintenance required section in 2 parts , one for if you live in extreme conditions , cold , very hot and what not , one for normal.

Archived