Should I Buy A Used Rl With 70k Miles?

I am new to this site and was referred by a freind who is active on the site and customizes and races Honda's.

I am looking at a '99 3.5 RL with 70k miles, and seriously thinking of buying it.

It is mint inside and out. My only concern is the 70k miles.

I am going to take to a local dealer to have the entire car checked out.

The only things I see wrong is that the SRS dash warning light is on and the car pulls to the left under heavy breaking. Are either of these a major concern?

Can anyone help me with some recomendations on what to be cautious about? What I should make sure the Dealer looks at in evaluating the car? Will this car last for another 50k-60k miles; assuming the previous owner did the routine maintenance; based on your experience?

I have heard nothing but great thing about the RLs and I am just looking for some objective advice from knowledged people on the subject.

Thanks for you time!!!!

if it drifts to the side, right away, as soon as you let go the steering wheel, it usually means that it needs alignment. when a car needs alignment, the driver probably it a big a*s bump, ran over a pothole at a high speed, or got into a major accident. to see if the cars been in an accident, you can look it up at carfax.com. a way you can check it yourself is if you run your fingers along edges of the car (doors, end of hoods, trunk lids, etc..) if its smooth then the cars okay but if its rough when you run your fingers along the edges, its been repaired and repainted. you can check under the hood to see if they unscrewed the factory screw or you can look at the metal under the hoods if they've been remolded or something. check for oil leaks, ripped/worn out leather seats, check if all the mechanical buttons work, oh and also check if the owner gave you the lug lock key to the factory lugs.

as for a 99 RL with 70k, that is a heck of a lot of miles! did the owner travel to another state or something? overall, it should last you awhile. im not sure but i think the RL has bad trannys so im not sure of that...keep that in mind as well. good luck

as for a 99 RL with 70k, that is a heck of a lot of miles! did the owner travel to another state or something? overall, it should last you awhile. im not sure but i think the RL has bad trannys so im not sure of that...keep that in mind as well. good luck

damn my dads 01 3.5L RL has like only 10000miles on it, and crap i drive it more then he dose... ahahahah :ninja:

as for a 99 RL with 70k, that is a heck of a lot of miles!  did the owner travel to another state or something?  overall, it should last you awhile.  im not sure but i think the RL has bad trannys so im not sure of that...keep that in mind as well.  good luck

damn my dads 01 3.5L RL has like only 10000miles on it, and crap i drive it more then he dose... ahahahah :ninja:

when the f*ck you going to take pics of the interior? i gotta see the inside of this thing. is it a navi?? what colors the interior? beige? black?

Archived