swap or not

civic1

i havent been on in forever but i wanted to kno wut do you think i should wit that motor seein how it is d15b8. do you think i should put some money into it and work with it or is a swap a better idea. i can get a complete b18 swap with tranny, port and polished, completely rebuilt for 800. yes or no. any help would be appreciated

well i saw your other post on the related subject, and my buddy just bought a 89 civic dx hatch and hes got thecrap non vtec motor in it, but he has a z6 head that hes gonna slap(used generously not just throw head on block and done) on the 1.5 block and have what they call a mini-me, hear good things abot it, relativley cheap, he got the head for 100, complete with intake mani and throttle body, bt that might be an idea if you wanna stay cheap

engine wiring harness. but id go with the B18 if you can afford it and mounts to put it in. youl also need an ECU and engine harness for that. plus axles.

i agree solles. he can get (so he says) , B18 LS engine freshly rebuilt with a ported head? you must agree if that is what he can get , thats a good start for boost. aquaintance of mine just had his car tuned on the dyno , LS engine running 8 lbs , stock internals and bolt ons. heres his dyno sheet:

dyno.jpg

Archived