huge n00b question pls dont flame

willis99lude

yeah i understand that but what i was saying is

that if the type s motor is 3600 and i can get a regular h22a for about 1600-2200, with that extra 1400-2000 i could modifiy the motor to get a lot more than 20 extra horsepower correct?

so, i still need someone to anwser that question. The transmission sounds like a real go. sounds like it helps alot unless mine already has it which it might idk. But for the motor. I want power and i want just a h22a atleast i think

and i think that for 3600 i can make it far more powerful than that SI motor. Does that sound about right for all of you guys.

The block with over size pistons, headers, intake, exhaust, bigger wires, some new cams, and anything else you guys can reccomend me doing to make it worth my while

if your current tranny doesnt have LSD, when you decide to rip the block off go ahead and weld the diff. in the tranny, no slip no friction, just plain old power to bother wheels 100% of the time. works really well too if the welding is good and doesnt break. if you get new cams, im guessing performance cams, dont go any bigger then stage 1 or 2 at the most, and i would recommend buying all new valve terrain along with the cams seeing as how that other kid liked to beat the hell out of the motor im sure you need to change those anyways. you might consider a stage 1 clutch while your motor is apart too, a lot better grip then a stock clutch and not too crazy like a racing clutch. if you dont want to get too serious with your mods just get a good ecu, have it tuned or chipped(keep the stock one to pass smog), get all your bolt ons(i.e. I/H/E, cam gears, pulleys, maybe fuel rail, pressure regulator) and the clutch. should be pretty quick and you wont have to tear the motor apart every time you want to add one of those mods. just my 2 cents

if your current tranny doesnt have LSD, when you decide to rip the block off go ahead and weld the diff. in the tranny, no slip no friction, just plain old power to bother wheels 100% of the time. works really well too if the welding is good and doesnt break. if you get new cams, im guessing performance cams, dont go any bigger then stage 1 or 2 at the most, and i would recommend buying all new valve terrain along with the cams seeing as how that other kid liked to beat the hell out of the motor im sure you need to change those anyways. you might consider a stage 1 clutch while your motor is apart too, a lot better grip then a stock clutch and not too crazy like a racing clutch. if you dont want to get too serious with your mods just get a good ecu, have it tuned or chipped(keep the stock one to pass smog), get all your bolt ons(i.e. I/H/E, cam gears, pulleys, maybe fuel rail, pressure regulator) and the clutch. should be pretty quick and you wont have to tear the motor apart every time you want to add one of those mods. just my 2 cents

awsome thank you, that was one of the more insightful posts, you actually gave me a lot of do-able ideas i think. but im confused a little bit about welding thding th differental to the transmission. Is that safe? id like a little more details about that.

as for bolt ons i already have intake and exhaust, so that will save some money instantly.

and what did you think about putting in the oversized pistons? worth my while or no. i mean im not a race car driver or anything. When im cruising down the freeway at night and no ones there ill open it up, and if im driving on a fun curvy road yeah ill go a little faster. But by no means do i race around the streets of tucson. And i dont really see myself racing par say in the future. Unless me and my friends decided to go down to the strip and have a good time in a safe enviorment. I dont like the idea of risking my car to race on the streets incase someone turns out infront of you, my car is my baby, it upsets me enough thata the motor blew, if anything else happened to it after id be devistated.

but thanks for the advice and i have a few other quick questions.

do you have aim, if so IM me its faster conversation - edgewillis

where should i buy my parts from?

do you know a good place for a motor by chance?

for all those parts that you reccomended wwhat brand should i get?

and if i can find the same parts on ebay new, would it be worth it?

awsome thank you, that was one of the more insightful posts, you actually gave me a lot of do-able ideas i think. but im confused a little bit about welding thding th differental to the transmission. Is that safe? id like a little more details about that.

as for bolt ons i already have intake and exhaust, so that will save some money instantly.

and what did you think about putting in the oversized pistons? worth my while or no. i mean im not a race car driver or anything. When im cruising down the freeway at night and no ones there ill open it up, and if im driving on a fun curvy road yeah ill go a little faster. But by no means do i race around the streets of tucson. And i dont really see myself racing par say in the future. Unless me and my friends decided to go down to the strip and have a good time in a safe enviorment. I dont like the idea of risking my car to race on the streets incase someone turns out infront of you, my car is my baby, it upsets me enough thata the motor blew, if anything else happened to it after id be devistated.

but thanks for the advice and i have a few other quick questions.

do you have aim, if so IM me its faster conversation - edgewillis

where should i buy my parts from?

do you know a good place for a motor by chance?

for all those parts that you reccomended wwhat brand should i get?

and if i can find the same parts on ebay new, would it be worth it?

I do have aim, its Push1n limits, im at work righ tnow though so i cant talk on aim but any reputable online shop will do you good for typical bolt ons. as for a motor im not sure, ive lived in arizona for less then 2 years and the best place ive seen so far is tokyo speed pros in mesa or close to mesa i forget, they should have most of those parts and will install then too. awesome place for motorswaps too, i just dont agree on the pricing because i do things myself but it is a reasonable price for some one who isnt able to do it themselves. i dont know what emssion controls are like here in AZ but AEM is a good brand for street legal performance parts. you can get the fuel rail, pressure regulator, cam gears, pulleys, intake (i know you sad you had one already) all from AEM. another goodshop is full race, they are actually based out of phoenix. the best performance gains ive seen come from most of their parts.

oh and as for the limitied slip, its in the tranny, and welding it is a good idea but dont worry about it, its not necassary, you can also buy the limited slip diff by itself and have it installed, you dont need to buy a whole new tranny to get it.

alright, so this is a really noob question and id rather make a fool out of myself on the internet than in RL so. here it goes, I bought my lude 2 weeks ago, and a rod blew (no i didnt drive it crazy i promise) but i got screwed over from the dealershipa nd blah blah blah. but thats all besides the point.

my engine is pwned, so we can buy a new block and rebuild it. and so far thats probably what ill be doing. BUT i wanted to know what engines are capable of being placed in it?

and the noob question. Can you put motors in it that arent honda motors? like a nissan, or toyota motor? im asking because i dont know about imports or anything. My parents are bikers and love there hot rods and all that jazz, and i know you used to be able to throw a ford motor in a chevy and viser versa with out a lot of work. so would it take a lot of work, if its even possible? and if so what other motors would even fit in the engine bay?

i forgot to mention, you can throw an f22 in your lude. or an f20b, not sure if that will fit because its original mounts are for rwd on the s2000, but the f22 will deffinitely fit. i believe its from an accord, but dont quote me on that. lol

i forgot to mention, you can throw an f22 in your lude. or an f20b, not sure if that will fit because its original mounts are for rwd on the s2000, but the f22 will deffinitely fit. i believe its from an accord, but dont quote me on that. lol

well so far you seem to have the most information.

what engine would you go for

h22a, f20b, or f22, and which one has the most "bang for your buck"

h22a FTW.

i like F20C's, but they are probably mad loot.

ya hes right, the f20 is not as easy to get and because its an s2000 motor it doesnt come cheap, its no more expensive then a B18C5 , although it would probably be the fastest of the motors. and you are better of with an H22 then an F22, if you are really going to get a new motor just try to get the s type H22, its less hassle because it will bolt right up and you could swap your current header and intake on to that instead of buying new ones to fit a different motor. another idea is looking for a built bottom end for your motor off ebay or something. it saves you time and money of having it done yourself.

• 2 months later...

willis.

another motor you can use with your current transmision is the F20B. this is a dual cam (even though it is an "F" series). it is taken from a type-s accord in japan. is not super common, but can be found. and runs harder than most H22's. this block is ideal for the problem that you encounter with your current motor (hole in block), because the sleeves on the F20B are steel. so they much stronger than that of an H22, and can handle much more stress.

Archived