FBL projectors

catawalks

T1_36803_1429048.jpg

So...they are almost finished if anyone cares. I got myself some bosch 1.5" projectors and mounted them in my front bumper light housings. A bit of modification to get then to fit. Still need to properly seal them, aim them, wet sand the covers to have them be mostly clear and then try to cut out a a piece and replace it with clear lexan to make the beam not diffused. Also I need to wire in the .47ohm resistor to bring my blinker speed back down to normal.

So the way these are set up right now is that they are on with the parking lights (from their own direct 12v line) and blink with the turn signals (even when the parking lights are off).

I'll get some progress pics posted and maybe some better night shots if anyone is interested. oh yeah...i also have to realign my headlights since I had to remove them to wire in the relay for these....damn I'm lazy.

• 2 weeks later...

are those the clear ones like mine?

ha i never hooked the halo's up b/c i don't like these headlights. i want black housing ones, it will look much cleaner on my car.

lowahhhh1copy.jpg

yeah...it probably will...but my car isn't black...and this is the closest to my color that I could find. I think it looks ok and I want to change out the LED halo's to CCFL's...i think they will be much brighter.

And nope...they aren't the clear ones. I took the ones I had and took the amber cover out of the inside. but they still diffuse the light way to much..i'm gonna cut out a bit in the center of the lense and replace it with flat clear lexan so that there is no diffusion.

DSC00995.jpg

me and my dented hood....ghey

also...I have a question about this crap...

DSC00997.jpg

can I just take it off...it looks mad ghetto hanging down. And if I do take it off should I replace it or am I ok just leavin it alone?

those are the same as mine.

yeah, my plastic guard jaunt just flew off after i dropped the car 2 1/2 inches...so i don't think it's that big a deal...looks good.

i think with the lisence plate off, a new hood, a new fender, and about $3200 worth of body work/paint...my car would look very clean. Then of course I would powerwash the rims and then a whole bunch of other crap...but thats a start...although it is expensive

in the headlights? if a bulb burns out I have no problem in taking off the 4 bolts that hold the front bumper on and changing it that way...only problem then is realigning the lights

I could do it that way...but like 90 said...its a bitch to try to squeeze your hand in there and get those bulbs out

atleast for our headlights

should I leave all the bulbs that stock color, or should I do yellow in the bottom fogs, stock color in the top fogs and high beams, and then some blueish color in the lowbeams? Or maybe actually look into HID conversions?

amber corners, amber turn signals (housing and bulb), the bulbs that come with them are pretty damn bright...but my low beam burnt out already, after about 6 months....the fog lights look sooo sweet...

did you hook up the halo's? i didn't.

yeah...i hooked up the halo's. I think that the stock fog lights actually had a better light output than the fogs on the onepieces that we have 90. I am thinking about taking apart the headlights and doing some work to them.

I would:

1. Replace projector lens for fog lights

2. Replace LED halo's with CCFL halo's

3. replace low beam with HID Projector

how hard do you think it would be to replace the H3 lowbeam bulb with a HID bulb of some sort?

Archived