Need Help With A Little Thing After My Swap...

Thirdgentastic

ok heres the deal...i got a jdm b20a5 that was on a lude with an automatic tranny and swapped it in place of my manual tranny b21a1...everything hooked up fine (i took the b21's intake and exhaust manifolds and swapped them onto the b20) but there is a couple little problems, i think its in the intake manifold or something...

if i were to just tap the gas pedal, it would keep revving for an extra 1,000 rpms? [icon14.gif] whats up with that...it does it every time i tap the gas or whenever i touch it and let off, so whenever i switch gears it sounds like i cant drive cuz i over-rev LOL... another problem is that whenver i switch gears, and i push the gas pedal a little hard or even when im not switching gears and i do it it like stops revving for a split second and then revvs up like normal (it sounds like the intake takes a HUGE breath, and then lets it all out), but if i press the gas slowly and switch gears slowly, it wont do that?? HMM...

some people said it could be the TPS (Throttle Positioning Sensor) where is that and how could i fix or switch it?? and osme people said it might be the Fast Idle Valve thing, where is that and how do i fix it?? someone told me to put the b20 intake manifold back on, but it had no EGR system and the b21 manifold did, so the computer would read falsely?? does it have to do with it being from an auto tranny?

hmm

-i once took automatic transmission class in high school, have you ever thought that it could be youe speed sensor?

it could be your shift linkage too..

and i push the gas pedal a little hard or even when im not switching gears and i do it it like stops revving for a split second and then revvs up like normal

hmm, when you hit the pedel, do you feel an extra 1000rpm?if no then your tack faulty, it yes, your frens are right that it could be your TPS..

i dought that the B21 intake manifold and exhaust manifold would have an effect on that B20 since there both Bseries motors..

question--> is your car an auto tranny? or a manual tranny?

sorry i never had that kinda problem in the automotive industry(trying to get my ASEs)to be certified..

im just trying to help with my exsperiience on diagnosics..

oo and welcome to the board

Archived