What should i do first to a civic for more hp?

WantAnSI

I want to buy a 2000 Civic SI. If it is all stock, what should be the first mod to get more horsepower? I want to make my car do 13's in the quarter mile and beat as many Camaro's as I can. Will I be able to do this naturally aspirated? Or will I need a Turbo/Supercharger/Nitrous? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

I don't think you can hit 13's on a N/A car unless you put some pretty expensive mods in it.  It comes with 160 HP and a CAI and Exhaust won't give you what you need to hit the mark of 13's.  I suggest you get a turbo and intercooler to give it that energy you want

• 4 weeks later...

I dont know how effective a chip will be.  For one the civic si does not come in automatic so it will not see any advantages as far as shift points goes.  Also, it seems that honda really squeezes every last ounce of power out of their engines making it really dificult to see major power gains from bolt on parts.  As far as dropping into the thirteens, i say ur gonna need a hell of a lot more than i/e/h/chip.  If iw ere you i would check out some of the drag turbo kits. (for once i agree with trepid):)

The difference between mustangs can be seen in the logo on the back and on the side in front of the door... GT is the V8 model and if there is a picture of a cobra that is the SVT cobra model, those two are the ones you should avoid racing until you get some real power like a turbo

V6 coupe - 190 HP

V8 GT - 260 HP

SVT Cobra - 390 HP

The difference between mustangs can be seen in the logo on the back and on the side in front of the door... GT is the V8 model and if there is a picture of a cobra that is the SVT cobra model, those two are the ones you should avoid racing until you get some real power like a turbo

V6 coupe - 190 HP

V8 GT - 260 HP

SVT Cobra - 390 HP

that Cobra you talk about is the 2003 model. The 99+ (except for 2000 when they didn't make a Cobra except the R) has 320.

WOW you guys know a lot about mustangs... and the SI i like my si but i didn't realize it would take that much to mod it. i guess i shouldn't expect too much from a 4banger... i hear mustnags are really easy to mod? and lots can be done... maybe i'll sell my SI

so all i need to do is get a turbo and i can take a svt?? ???

ull need way more than just a turbo, infact i dunno if its even possible.  one advantage tho is that the SI is a lot lighter than the mustang...i really doubt you could beat a cobra in an SI unless hes a really crapty driver or something.

V6 coupe - 190 HP

V8 GT - 260 HP

SVT Cobra - 390 HP

Why are you wasting our time with that mustang nonsense? If you have forgotten, this site is called "Hondaforums" not "gasguzzlerforums"!

Yeah sure, all you need is a turbocharger, but unless you have forgotten you also need about 5g's in your pocket before that will ever happen!

I should be getting that money in about 4 weeks... hospital settlement.... thats why i joined this forum to see what mods i need

Yeah sure, all you need is a turbocharger, but unless you have forgotten you also need about 5g's in your pocket before that will ever happen!

I should be getting that money in about 4 weeks... hospital settlement.... thats why i joined this forum to see what mods i need

What happened that made them give you 5 g's?

sure you can hit 13 with all motor in fact we just got done buildin a 2000 civic si that is running high 12's with slicks and is all motor!!! of course he expend like 15g to do it but thats another story.

what you would need to get a Stock b16 to run 13's is

Bolt-ons i.e.  Header, Intake, Exhaust, cam gears, aggressive cams i.e. CTR or ITR cams, rebuild your head to handle the new cams and if you have the cash getting some higher compression pistons would help.

getting rid of some weight would help you out a lot.

And most important good traction suggestion slicks or nitto's drag radials.

good luck

Wil

Dark Age Performance

• 2 weeks later...

best advice i can offer....

do research! forced induction and/or nitrous are the less expensive ways to make a civic quick, but either way, it takes $. also, if you dont do it correctly, it will kill your car and possibly you!

Yes you are right its possible but it would be pushing your engine youll have to rebuilt the engine if you want to handle alot of boost a stock Civicengine can handle about 10psi's with no problem a lil higher maybe for the track day. If you want to run all-motor it gets very expensive but its way more reliable. :)

• 4 weeks later...
I don't think you can hit 13's on a N/A car unless you put some pretty expensive mods in it.  It comes with 160 HP and a CAI and Exhaust won't give you what you need to hit the mark of 13's.  I suggest you get a turbo and intercooler to give it that energy you want

hey man i think your stupid. there is alot of things u can do to get 13's w/o go Turbo/Supercharged/NOS. it easy. just get your mtor bored out as far as possible the safe way. also get your headwork done. ported, polished, multi angle valve job, resurfaced, and more. its easy i mean its possible.

Archived