Tranny Fluid Change

AAAuthority138

when i change my tranny fluid, i jack up the front of the car, get under it and drain it. once all the old fluid is out i put the plug back in and put the car down. then i just fill it up from there. im sure if a little bit of the old fluid remains it wont hurt.

4 jackstands under a car is fine.

I've worked on cars on four stands before. It's safe, but I've always disliked it only because you'd think if you leaned on it wrong, it might fall, although it hasn't happened to me. You could put your jack at the front jacking point for added protection.

you never said what kinda car or engine were talkin about here but. if its manual than jack the front of your car up from the middle so it picks both sides up simultaneously.take passenger wheel off. take the bottom plug out of the tranny(3/8 ratchet with no socket) as theres 2. once fluid is all gone put plug back in and leaving wheel off let the car back down to the ground making it as level as you can like its sitting on all 4 wheels but the jack is on your pass front. take the top plug out of tranny 17mm , and youl need a funnel with a long piece of rubber hose or theres actually a tool for this thats like a big syringe with a hose , and you stick it in a bottle of oil and pull handle back and it sucks a litre of oil up , than put hose in top hole of tranny and squeeze the fluid in. fill tranny till oil starts comming out of the hole that your filling the tranny with and fire plug back in it , done. if you havent done the swap yet id recommend (if you can handle it) , splitting your tranny apart and cleaning your magnet inside but this is not for amateurs(no offense just sayin).

Archived