My Si Runnin Like S%@T

spinal

OK! First I wanna say wassup and Thanks for all the Help and advice that you gave me in the past. Now I need your thoughts on my problem. I recently wrecked my 99 Si and before I put it in the shop I took off the plastic cover that goes inside your front wheel wells because they were dragging and i couldn't drive it home with them draggin. Make a Long story short.... Car got fixed, 4got to reinstall the wheel well covers and yesterday I drove in heavy rain with the covers off. On my way home my car started to sound really bad, loosin power and sound kinda like it was missin. When I got home I raised my hood to find my engine bay totally soaked and my filter drippin the water.. I need some advice on how or what to do to gettin this fixed besides putttin the covers back on. ( That I did already - lil late ) Thanks Again Guys 4 UR Advice!!

you are fracked.

water lock is bad.

water in spark plugs is bad.

water in distributer cap/rotor is bad.

get a new car.

I second that. :o

My uncle had one of those Econoline vans from Ford with the invincible 300-straight-6..

It's hard to kill one..

But he did. Waterlock PWNZ j00!

You may not be totally fracked, just let it dry our put in a new filter, give the car a tune-up and see what happens..

i agree, let it sit for awhile to a nice breeze during the day, garage life it at night...basically baby the crap out of your car and then try replacing a few things to see if you can get her running again...if not, a swap would do the trick, best of luck

dont listen to them. dry your filter out and away you go dude. my 01 civic has no inner plastics. they dont use them anymore. you can look right through one side of car to the other with both front wheels off. thats through the wheel wells. change your motor cause of water jesus gimma a break.

If it still runs your most likely not HYDRO-LOCKED. Heres my advise.

1. Disconnect your Battery

2. Remove spark plug wires

3. Remove distributor cap

4. Check distributor cap for any water

5. If any water in distributor...REPLACE IT and the ROTOR

6. Since your at it replace spark plugs and spark plug wires.

7. Connect battery (remember always start with the positive side and connecting the negative last).

Archived