How to??? Class action/recall for Honda Accord!

KnytewolF

Hello everyone. I am new to this board and I own a 2003 Honda Accord Coupe. On the outside border of the front side windows there are these black strips which surround the window which keep peeling off after time. It looks like the metal underneath is stainless steel but I do not know for sure. At 16,000 miles they began peeling on both sides so the dealership replaced them for me. The service guy even said that if it does it again they may have to peel it off and just paint them. Now my accord has 50,000 miles on it and when I had my intermediate service done yesterday, I was told that even though I have the extended warranty, it would not cover this problem. When I told him that the other service guy said they may need to be painted, he was really quick to change the subject. The service advisor was really quick to say that he would not charge me for replacement strips but it would be 165.00 to install them. I think that this is a scam and should be addressed. I live in Los Angeles and just yesterday I came across two other people with the same problem. Needless to say I did not spend the 165.00 on what appears to be a 30 min job. I would just like to know how many other people have experienced this problem and what can be done about it! As said earlier, I really think that Honda knows that this is a problem and has turned it into a scam for their benefit.

Thank you very much

Honda (and any car manufacturer) will issue a recall when a certain percentage of the vehicle sold have reported the problem. Until this is reached it will not be recalled. They will take into account how many people they can afford to lose as customers because of the problem compared to the amount of money it will cost to fix the problem on all the vehicles sold. When those 2 amounts cross, that will give them the percentage of people that have to report before they issue a recall. It usually takes a lot of incidents for this to happen. The only thing you can do is report it to Better Buisiness Bereau, but that will probably be a waste of your time.

this is because they come with chrome around the doors (like mine in my signature) but they would keep the tape on it if you didnt want the crome finish.

dont worry about it. its normal.. if you want the black to be on there, tell the dealer.

( i know because my friend has his black stuff and he told me about it. )

I would just like to know how many other people have experienced this problem and what can be done about it! As said earlier, I really think that Honda knows that this is a problem and has turned it into a scam for their benefit.

my mom got her 2003 accord fixed, not a scam its a free recall.

Archived