power door locks

import142

• 3 weeks later...
ya but how about routing the wires are those hard

Actually I just tried and failed today. I got a power door locks + keyless entry kit from Commando Security thinking it would be an easy job, but spent all afternoon trying to figure out how to get the wires into the doors. The actuators will be easy to put on (there are mounting holes already in the door). The problem is the huge connector at both ends of the rubber door tubing... to do it right you'd have to take it out and splice the 5 wires for your actuators into the unused pins on the connectors. You could drill your own holes in the door, but you'd have to weatherproof the holes/wires pretty good as that part is outside of the door's weatherstripping. I couldn't be arsed to do all that in just a day; I might take it down to the local car stereo joint and see what they'll charge to run the wires.

Anybody had any success with running these wires, or have any better ideas on how to do it?

Actually I just tried and failed today. I got a power door locks + keyless entry kit from Commando Security thinking it would be an easy job, but spent all afternoon trying to figure out how to get the wires into the doors. The actuators will be easy to put on (there are mounting holes already in the door). The problem is the huge connector at both ends of the rubber door tubing... to do it right you'd have to take it out and splice the 5 wires for your actuators into the unused pins on the connectors. You could drill your own holes in the door, but you'd have to weatherproof the holes/wires pretty good as that part is outside of the door's weatherstripping. I couldn't be arsed to do all that in just a day; I might take it down to the local car stereo joint and see what they'll charge to run the wires.

Anybody had any success with running these wires, or have any better ideas on how to do it?

well installing powerdoor locks in my sol, when i went to bestbuy and circut city, they were telling me 100 per door.

200 bucks? Yeah, we're not doin' that. Do you have any idea what I can buy for 200 bucks? That's 1/3 of the plexiglass roof! I'll be installing them myself no matter how long that crap takes me.

Archived