motor swap...

95whtcivichatch

whats goin on yall...i got a quick question, i was at work last night, and me and partner of mine was talkin bout my car n crap, i have a 95 civic hatch, but he was sayin something about puttin a prelude motor in my car, is it possible? i mean of course itd be for bigger displacement, but wouldnt have to change a bunch of other crap in the car too????

heres your diff options for you car,

5th Generation

1. B16A2/3: Completely bolt-in Swap, VTEC needs to be wired, SIR II, Hasport shift linkage. Del Sol VTEC for the del sol

2. B18B: Completely bolt-in swap, SIR II, Hasport shift linkage. Del Sol VTEC for the del sol

3. B17A: Completely bolt-in swap, cable-hydro transmission kit(not recommended) or hydraulic b-series transmission, VTEC needs to be wired.

4. B18C1: Completely bolt-in swap, VTEC needs to be wired.

5. B18C5: Completely bolt-in swap, OBD conversion, VTEC needs to be wired.

6. B16B: Completely bolt-in swap, OBD conversion, VTEC needs to be wired.

<prelude motor>

7. H22A: Mount kit required, Hasport shift linkage, VTEC needs to be wired.

8. B16A: Not recommended! Too much work, more costly compared to B16A2/3's.

9. D16Z6: Completely bolt in, VTEC needs to be wired.

10. D16Y8: Completely bolt in, VTEC needs to be wired.

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=13646

edit: also for some of these swaps you may need diff axles

refer to that link for more swaps

I disagree about the B16A part. A B16A wouldn't be any harder than a B16A2. If it was an OBD-1 B16A, it would be easier than a B16A2.

Also you failed to mention that a B16B swap is probably more expensive than any other B series for less of a gain than a B18C series.

well most b16a1 are obd0, which that swap isnt lagal in the us anyways..

yes the ob1 b16a1s are an easy swap

(personaly i dont like the b16bs) its easier to find parts for the b16a's)thats just my input though, also some d-series are very capable swaps....pm memeber solles for info on it..he has a sweet powerful build

well most b16a1 are obd0, which that swap isnt lagal in the us anyways..

yes the ob1 b16a1s are an easy swap

(personaly i dont like the b16bs) its easier to find parts for the b16a's)thats just my input though, also some d-series are very capable swaps....pm memeber solles for info on it..he has a sweet powerful build

There's no such thing as a B16A1, so you're right it would be a hard swap. A B16A (SIR II) is OBD-1 and a pretty common swap....no more difficult than a B16A3 and easier than an A2.

Archived