Squeaky Springs

93dxcf

I’ve had a set of Eibach sport lowering springs on my 93 civic for about 2-3 years now. Ever since they were installed they squeak like a mofo. I can’t take a small bump in the road, can’t drive through a dip, hell I cant even lean on my fender without hearing the damn noise. It squeaks front and back at all corners. Has anyone had this problem, do you know what is causing this, any ideas on how to fix it?

from the factory , where the spring sits on the bottom of the strut theres usually a plastic sleeve that encircles the spring so its not sittin steel on steel. if you leave these off it will sqeak. id say they left them off in your case. either that or look where spring sits in bottom of strut and make sure its sittin where its supposed to be cause ive seen spring installs that have come to me to be fixed where the spring was twisted while installing the top nut and made it so its not sittin in its bottom groove properly.

So is this something that I could do at home, or am I going to need to get a spring compressor and disassemble the entire setup? I am not sure what the problem is but I could pretty much assume that it has something to do with the plastic ring you were talking about.

I had a buddy of mine take care of it and I would hope he would be competent enough to make sure everything was lined up right.

you dont need a spring compressor for a civic they arent that bad. what to use to get rid of sqeak though , rubber of some sort of course being ideal. mayber get some rubber fuel line or somin like that split it up one side and wrap around spring just like for the first coil where it sits in its cradle.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived