Tie bar/ Strut Upgrade

93dxcf

I am looking into getting some strut braces and some tie bars for my 93 civic dx. I am reading all kinds of stuff as to whether tie bars are worth it or if a front strut really matters or not.

What I am looking to buy are some front and rear lower tie bars. Are they worth it or not? And how easy of an install are they.

I am also looking for a front strut tower brace, will this make any difference in aspect of handling for my car. I wish I could say I am also looking for a rear strut brace but I wouldn't be able to fit it the trunk with the two 15's I have.

My car is a daily driver, no drag, no street racing. I just like to cruise around 100 and want the control and handling to be there.

Any help from any of you would be great, Thanks guys!! !!!

If you don't do any kind of racing, then it would really be an unneccesary mod to do. Yes, those things will help your handling but probably not enough for you to notice it unless you do hard cornering or autocross. All of those items are a pretty straight forward install. I wouldn't waste the money on it if I were you and just had a daily driver. Sink that money into some performance parts for the engine so you get something you can notice on the street out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt recommend doing any suspension modification unless you know EXACTLY what you want to improve about your cars handling.

But there are a few things that are universal with ANY vehicle... like for instance: Sticky tires, can't go wrong there... or upgrading the oem style bushings with a higher quality rubber, polyurethane, or even just new rubber can help the handling of a older car.

Any time you add stiffness to an area of the vehicle, you are running the chance of making it handle worse, which in alot of cases... it will make it handle worse, while giving the driver the feeling that it's handling better than stock, when it's really not. Just because it's stiffer, or lower, doesnt mean your handling or G- force capabilities have improved.

Changing suspension can do anything from over steer, bump steer, understeer, etc etc, and it doesnt take much, so basically, on every upgrade you do.... make sure you spend at least hours of research on each modification.

Archived