capacitors

import142

• 2 weeks later...
I Agree! Don't think the cap will get hurt, but depending on the power you're pushing, you could fry the wire. Like xalexjx said, 4 ga is cheap.

sorry i know this is an old post. but a capacitor is just a glorified battery. it stores charge for when there is a surge in your system and there is a need for more power. (i.e. when you are hitting real hard) you don't need one. i would recommend upgrading your battery to an optima yellow top and either getting a new alternator or getting your alternator rewound.

sorry i know this is an old post. but a capacitor is just a glorified battery. it stores charge for when there is a surge in your system and there is a need for more power. (i.e. when you are hitting real hard) you don't need one. i would recommend upgrading your battery to an optima yellow top and either getting a new alternator or getting your alternator rewound.

Listen to this guy/girl.

you'll just kill your battery and altinator if you don't.

I was running 2400watts in my old car without a cap. it run fine aparts from on high bass output tunes (it make the head lights flash). it shagged both battery an altinator. (which where brand new)

you'll just kill your battery and altinator if you don't.

I was running 2400watts in my old car without a cap. it run fine aparts from on high bass output tunes (it make the head lights flash). it shagged both battery an altinator. (which where brand new)

again a capacitor is just a glorified battery. YOU DON'T NEED IT. if you are really power hungry wire more batteries to the trunk and upgrade your alternator. of course putting batteries in your trunk slows you down so i would never need that much power running through my car. there is almost no reason to go over 1200 watts unless you are competing.

caps are cleaner they are less likely to leak when they are being over powered any they handle ruff driving better. but if you going to put real power i would recomend you do get extra batteries they are alot better then caps. But get batteries which are really well sealed otherwise it will leak. an damage your car.

Oh batcaps have the digital read out on it.

digital read outs are pointless. if you are looking for a serious capacitor (if you must get a capacitor) i would get an alumapro capacitor. the more farads you get the more storage you get. they make a 15 farad capacitor which is insane. so that's my 2 cents.

also as long as you have your batteries tied down they wont leak. they only leak if they are tipped on thier sides.

The general rule for getting caps is to get 1 fad per 1k watts of power. but its not necessary really. It all depends on the kind of power you want too put out. 1.6k watts + 4 gauge wire will struggle to deliver. 2k+ you really need atleast a 3gauge wire.

Archived