Targa Top

..SSR..

I was flipping through the January 03' issue of Import Tuner last night and came across the article about the guy who collects all of the JDM stuff. He does the JDM tansOp (not sure if that is what it's called) conversions to make the top powered instead of manual. The price wasn't listed, but he said it cost a quite a bit....

This might be the site, if not, I'll post the correct site tonight. Ahh, nevermind, I'll just post the link tonight.

If you're aiming for the entire JDM look, then it's alright, but to me it's just not worth it. The way I see it, if you're too lazy to lift 17lbs. and carry it a couple feet, you should invest in a new car :crazy:

If you're aiming for the entire JDM look, then it's alright, but to me it's just not worth it. The way I see it, if you're too lazy to lift 17lbs. and carry it a couple feet, you should invest in a new car :crazy:

Oh, and it is transtop

• 2 weeks later...

I personally wouldn't consider getting a transtop, even though it's a cool idea. For one, the thing adds so much weight to the car. Secondly, it easily breaks. Ask any european or japanese Sol owner, they'll let you know. It'll be hard to get this thing serviced in the States. Thirdly, it'll cost a hefty penny to have a working roof on a USDM car.

Archived