Q's On The B18c

JDM_EG6

ok well im saving and im gona be buying my brothers best friends car wich is a 95 3door DX but it has a B18c with the B18c tranny, axles, control arms, recaro seats, etc etc for about $8,000 , now i was wondering i know that the b18c runs a high compression but i have talked to some shops and they said a super charger wouldnt be to bad, i need a second opinion on the situation , personally i think that it would prob be a little to much but hey lemme know thnx a bunch guys , late

depends on which b18c it is. if its the b18c5 then i think its the higher compression one thats not the best for turbocharging...but its still not a bad motor. on the otherhand the b18c1 has a lower compression ratio therefore making it a better choice for a turbo. as for it being to much...it all depends on what you want. welcome to the board man, and anymore quesions just lay em on us. i'm sure that people like "floored blazer" (used to be "zc rex") know more about that engine than i do, so you'll want to wait for his opinion before you go relying on mine.

b18c = :rockon:

ok well im saving and im gona be buying my brothers best friends car wich is a 95 3door DX but it has a B18c with the B18c tranny, axles, control arms, recaro seats, etc etc for about $8,000 , now i was wondering i know that the b18c runs a high compression but i have talked to some shops and they said a super charger wouldnt be to bad, i need a second opinion on the situation , personally i think that it would prob be a little to much but hey lemme know thnx a bunch guys , late

OPTIONS2 " what can i say? im a JDM lover "

Well, if you're not going to boost the hell out of it, you can use JDM B16B pistons, the cr on them is 10.8:1 (correct me if I'm wrong). Use those along with the B18C5 (if not already using that motor) connecting rods (a little lighter than the B18C1 connecting rods.

1 - b18c can be either Type-R OR GSR since japan doesnt designate the two with different codes. the way to tell is to look at the headstamp...or the intake manifold...p72 is gsr, pr3 is b16/type-r

2 - CTR pistons in a b18c block yield approx 12:1, a little higher if its a gsr head.

3 - u can do whatever u want regardless of the compression ratio, just make sure u choose a good form of engine management because w/o it, u'll run into problems. if u want to supercharge, go ahead.

Archived