cornoring rubbing

shanehonda

Hi I just put the springs and they are fairly new struts, and just put on 15s and I have a 1 1/2 inch wheel gape and when I go around a corner it rubs on the side walls on the rear tires and it is starting to make groves in the tires and I was talking with someone at work and the said that I need to get stiffer strutes and that would help and do you think that rolling the fender wells would help too? plz help

Hi I just put the springs and they are fairly new struts, and just put on 15s and I have a 1 1/2 inch wheel gape and when I go around a corner it rubs on the side walls on the rear tires and it is starting to make groves in the tires and I was talking with someone at work and the said that I need to get stiffer strutes and that would help and do you think that rolling the fender wells would help too? plz help

i really dont get what your saying. how much was the drop? if you have still 1 1/2 inch wheel gap left with 15s, you should definitly NOT be rubbing. your struts must be done.

whats the 15's off of? i wouldnt say tired are too wide id say maybe hes usin like a volkswagon offset. id say his wheel offset is wrong if its not slack struts.

I'd agree with the offest prob., but if you got fact. struts, that could be it too. Maybe both! Do yourself a favor, and don't roll your fenders yourself unless you really know what you're doing.

My old (stupid) roomy wanted to use a Louisville to roll the fenders on his Miata. I helped him only because it was fun to see how wrong things could go, and they did. Wavy fenders, chipped paint, and not very rolled was the results, BUT, it's a Miata, and deserved it!

Archived