hello new here with questions

roberts 95

hello my name is brian and robert is my son he is 14. i i got him a 95 honda civic now to where him and i can work on it and have it all done up by the time he turns 16 it will be all decked out.

ok my question is.

this is a 95 honda civic it has 105,000 miles. i think the first thing is first change the plugs and wires ,oil, oil filter , fuel filter, tranny flush and tranny flush,

anything else i should work on first. the motor runs great i think, so we should be good on the motor for a few years maybe till i just want to deck it out.

but anything else you guys and gals can think of, cause i do not know anything about these type of cars.

thanks for all your help i should be picking up the car today

you should find out what kind of motor is in the car cause it may be no good for tuning(not a good starting point). but if it runs great and your just lookin for a good car thats gona last than welcome to hondas and there the best.

i dont know the engine yet sorry i will find out tonight, as for tuning i am not really worry about it. i just need something to get around and do good at it. at one point i will change out motor ad what not but that is about a year to a year andhalf from now

well its def a d series engine wouldnt you say B16 , i mean its for his kid and all and bein his first car but its all what you want out of it and what your willin to spend. we could make it mint and he could get comments and a few kisses , or we could make it so hel be gettin laid every weekend and turnin high 12's , hahaha.

what kind of civic rob is it ex , si , cx , dx. right off the bat id recomend for yours and his enjoyment and if this is a true "project car" , id pick you up a b series engine as well. cant go wrong with a B16A my man. Very straight forward swap and youl love bouncin a car off 8000 rpm (without hurting it i mean).

Yeah, it's definately a D series of some kind. Could be a D15 which has no potential or a D16 which has some potential. Either way, the fastest route to running 12's would be to swap a B16 and turbo it. Or if you have a d16 turbo it with moderate boost and then down the road you could build up the motor and turn up the boost and probably net 12's.

why not i had a fast camero as my first car. as long as i know he wont abuse it. i know he will race and what not crap i might be out there with him and racing in it. but i got this town on the lock down with police and fire and ems i know everything he will do.

but hell after i build up my jeep i will dump a few G in to his i told him i will take care of motor and what not but for looks he is on his own.

but as for buying a fast car or making a fast car. why not? i had to work hard for my stuff i want him to know about life but i want him to have a good life ya know kids are cruel and rude now adays they rag on kids with poor cloths or a crapty car. if i can give him things where people did not rag on him or go threw what i did in school i am all for it ya know

for those who have no sense of humor enough to see it when they see it , the 12 sec thing was a joke along with the gettin laid part (wink wink rob) hehe , and thus thats what the hahahahaa was all about at the end SSR so please lighten up man.

oh i know it was a joke i am kool with it and if ya all think i am getting my son a 12 sec car.haha your out of your mind i just want him to have something tht is good running and maybe something w can take out to the strip and run it

B16A dude you simply cant go wrong. since you have a couple years to mess with it , youl have no prolems at all , very simple swap anyways. were talkin about a 1.6 litre engine here with 160 horse and 8000 rpm redline from the dealer(stock). So the engine is not only fun bone stock, the aftermarket world for this engine is insane my man the sky is the limit.

Archived