2006 TSX iPod Integration

I just got my 6-speed 2006 TSX, but I'm a little dissapointed that they don't allow the Acura Music Link system with the TSX. (which they intially advertised, only the TL and RL now) Does anyone out there have any good ideas on how to optimize the built-in auxillary jack? I'm not really a techy guy and I really don't want to take apart the brand new stereo, so I'd like to use the stock setup if possible. Also, I have the new 60GB video iPod, if that helps.

you can do what i did for my stereo in my room for a while. Get an old aux cable from somewhere, then get headphones with 2 wires (+ and -), cut the aux wires in half, cut the headphone wires in half, splice the + wires(red) and the - wires (black) together and plug the headphone end into the ipod and the aux end into the TSX auxillary input and you're good to go. Worked for me in my room until i got that altec lansing player in my room...then my ipod broke dammit >_<

• 1 month later...

You may want to look into seeing if they offer an accessory hook-up. I am a salesman at a honda dealership in Ohio and we offer an i-pod jack that allows you to control your i-pod from the audio system. I would think that Acura has something along those lines, but maybe not.

• 1 month later...

I got the ipod integration option for my 2006 Acura TL. It is unbelievably idiotic. First, no one in the sales department at Tustin Acura in Tustin, CA really knew how it worked. They told me it displayed the playlists on the Navigation screen. They also told me it would respond to voice commands. Neither was true.

When I picked the car up they couldn't demo it. They finally got the mechanic who installed it to try and explain how it worked.

I have installed and reinstalled the software. All the unit does is randomly scroll songs.

If I have ever seen a case for false advertising or lemon law abuse this is it.

I spoke to the service department and they were willing to take the unit out and refund the money for the unit but get this....charge me for the labor of putting it in AND taking it out.

This is the first time I have ever bought a Honda product....I also have an Infiniti. You simply cannot compare the service mentality of Honda to Infiniti....Honda is more like a General Motors shop.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF crap.

• 2 months later...

I use a Male to Male headphone jack from ipod to aux port. Works just fine.. but you have to use the Ipod to control the music... I wish it worked onscreen with display or with the next buttons somehow.

let me know if you have any questions.... no need to hack an old crd up just buy one...

Here at Ebay

Hope this helps

Archived