Acura IPOD Integration

Has anyone had success with the Acura provided IPOD integration. I has this $400 cable installed in my new 2006 RL. I had to buy a new generation IPOD, as well, as the documentation said it would not work with earlier than 4th generation IPOD's.

Well it doesn't seem to work very well with any IPOD. It looks like all you can do is switch up and down in an shuffle. There is supposed to be a voice identification of albums, artists and play lists, using Windows speech recognition. It hardly works, and what does work is horrible. I can't believe that Acua has endorsed this product and sells it. It is horrible.

Has anyone had success with the Acura provided IPOD integration. I has this $400 cable installed in my new 2006 RL. I had to buy a new generation IPOD, as well, as the documentation said it would not work with earlier than 4th generation IPOD's.

Well it doesn't seem to work very well with any IPOD. It looks like all you can do is switch up and down in an shuffle. There is supposed to be a voice identification of albums, artists and play lists, using Windows speech recognition. It hardly works, and what does work is horrible. I can't believe that Acua has endorsed this product and sells it. It is horrible.

that sucks. take it back, and make sure it was installed correctly. if not, get your money back.

I spent a few hours with the dealer about the limitations of the system. Without being asked, Acura refunded my full cost, and did not request return of the equipment. They indicated that I was one of the first persons to have the unit installed, and that they have learned from my comments. Although no one indicated any plans to modify the device, they indicated that they are taking steps to make sure that new purchasers understand what the system can and can't do. In addition, they plan to post the manual on their web site. Previously, it was only available from the CD that came with the unit when purchased.

I must say that Acura customer relations and service is great, and far exceeds my experience with any other manufacturers.

• 4 weeks later...
I spent a few hours with the dealer about the limitations of the system. Without being asked, Acura refunded my full cost, and did not request return of the equipment. They indicated that I was one of the first persons to have the unit installed, and that they have learned from my comments. Although no one indicated any plans to modify the device, they indicated that they are taking steps to make sure that new purchasers understand what the system can and can't do. In addition, they plan to post the manual on their web site. Previously, it was only available from the CD that came with the unit when purchased.

I must say that Acura customer relations and service is great, and far exceeds my experience with any other manufacturers.

yeah, the honda/acura music link sucks, bottom line. read my post here about how i integrated my ipod into my 2006 accord:

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=12394

• 1 month later...
yeah, the honda/acura music link sucks, bottom line. read my post here about how i integrated my ipod into my 2006 accord:

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=12394

Has anyone had success? I have a 2006 RL with the dealer-installed Music Link. I have installed and re-installed the software/indexes three times with virtually no luck. The random play (disc 6) works fine and sounds fine, but that's it. My ipod is a 40G that's about 18 months old.

Archived