My Ebay System.

k4rts

Don't want to bust your bubble, but those subs only handle 500 RMS a piece, not 800. Also, your gonna have to run the subs in series b/c of them being 4 ohm DVC. You gonna need a 4 ohm load to the amp. Because it's only 2 ohm stable. You won't be able to get the full potential of the amp, but 500 RMS per channel will give you a perfect match. Just be careful tryin to really push that amp.

if you really want a good audio system you just need to save up. In car audio, you really do get what you pay for. Guarantee that amp lasts you about a month or won't be able to put out what you're expecting. I bought a Polk Audio 10" sub and a lightning audio amp off ebay last year and the voice coil went on the sub after a month, then the amp burnt out in 2 months. So I saved money and got a kick ass system now...Rockford Fosgate stage 2 punch all around, i love it.

one thing ive learned is that wattage is not everything. yea its an important factor to consider but i had 2 10" crossfires maybe 150W RMS with a 2 channel Crunch amp @ 100W RMS per channel and it was just as loud as my friend's setup which is 2 12" Audiobahns(400W) and 800W MTX amp. He has one of the loudest setups too(in my school). What type of music u listen to makes a difference too, but most of all stereo setups are more personal preference.

i'm glad it sounds good! Pictures please...the only thing i hate about some people's setup, is that they forget to get the clamps to hold down the license plate so it doesn't rattle...that's one of the worst sounds when someone drives by with their subs thumping and all you can hear is that crapty rattle because they forgot to clamp it down...clamp down your license plate yo :rockon:

don't face it up unless your car is a hatchback or something. is the box sealed or ported?

i see youve been posting a lot here so instead of starting a new thread...

i got a set of kickers like K4rts cept theyre 10s what kind of box should i get sealed or ported? and should i have 2 separate boxes or one box with both subs?

a big box that fits your 2 10s. Go to Kickers website and check on the specs that they recommend the size of the box for those specific subs.

As far as ported or sealed, it depends on the type of music you listen to. If you listen to hip hop, rap, trance then i suggest ported. jazz, classical, rock, alternative then you could go with sealed. basically ported box are more boomy bass whereas sealed has the tight bass.

a big box that fits your 2 10s. Go to Kickers website and check on the specs that they recommend the size of the box for those specific subs.

As far as ported or sealed, it depends on the type of music you listen to. If you listen to hip hop, rap, trance then i suggest ported. jazz, classical, rock, alternative then you could go with sealed. basically ported box are more boomy bass whereas sealed has the tight bass.

Well, i have one Rockford Fosgate Stage 2 Punch right now with a Rocford Fosgate Amp, only putting down about 250 watts RMS, my box is Q-logic sealed. I don't listen to rap at all, mostly hardcore, screamo, metal...a sealed box does sound great with that music, but it doesn't sound terrible with rap...i do like the Yin Yang Twins. My friend has a ported box with one 10" Eclipse sub in it and it sounds AMAZING with any type of music....so I agree with TLontheDL, but just because it's ported doesn't necessarily mean that it wil sound bad with music with double-bass drums and screaming....you make a decision yet 8MügeNcRX9*DuB???

Archived