I Did The...

optional187

let me just tell you guys (and girls...ohhh sooo fine girls) about the fun i had this weekend. i was driving with my brother when i pulled up to a redlight next to a mustang gt. it was an older style one (early 90's when they had the small air dam on the side...not the big one they have now) and i revved on him to see if he wanted to run. i knew i'd probably get killed but i figured what the hey, its all in good fun right? anyways, he revved back and when the light turned green we hit it. i had him off the line, and when i shifted to second (grinded a little) i started to slowly leave him. shifted to third and was still gaining more ground on him (about two carlengths by now). anyways, we pulled up to the next red-light and we complemented each other on our cars. i asked him if he wanted to go again but he said no cause he was "low on gas." hahaha.

anybody else got kill stories. oh, and he was all stock (from the look and sound) and so am i. i truly thought i was going to lose. he musta been an automatic :p (no, i'm not dissing all automatics)

nice kill

reminds me of me racing up Main St. here in Springfield, let's just say I don't know if it was a V6 or a V8 'stang, all I know I was ahead by at least 3 carlengths ahead moving at 110 mph in a stock GSR. I stay half a carlength behind my friend's V8 4.6L GT 'stang all the way through fourth, where we usually call it off. He misses a gear though, and he's minced spam. :)

"low on gas" is a believable excuse I suppose, considering how much gas those things chug. :D

sweet race man. would of loved to see it. dude i had a sweet race this weekend too. ok let me set the mood. ok its baout 12:45 on saturday night and im cruisin one the sweet sports around here for races and find this nsx rolling on some 18 inch dubs. so i pull up next to him and find out its a rhd nsx!!! (ahahha i love it) so i ask him to a race and put 50 bucks each on it. so he agrees and we rev and his car sounded so sweet as hell and it turns green and we go and about the time i hit 65 mph he is already doing around 85-95 and is about 1 1/2 - 2 cars ahead of me and i was like dude but then when i was about in 4th gear he totally wasted me with nawz. he told me he shut his down at 135. i was liek damn dude i want your car and he said it was his dads!!! i was pissed. but he also rolls a bentley and a new mercedes truck. it was all cool though. i got my fill in of races

yeah i know it sounds shady. i was expecting to get my ass handed to me after it got blown off. my guess is that his stang wasn't well kept up and it was just a v6 and auto. but...in any case i killed him. :D

my brothers girlfriend has a 99 eclipse GST...that thing hauls ass!!! if we raced (she won't commit...oh well) i know she'd kill me sooooo bad until i put a turbo on the ole' d16. if i do that is.

well my favorite kill story was when I was in burbank, I came to a light next to a v6 mustang that looked stock, my car was completely stock at the time, well I guess we both knew the other was aiming to make the right turn about 1/2 mi. ahead... well we did the little inch forward and rev thing at the red light, when it turned green we came off the line at the same time and kept even for the most part but when we got to the freeway entrance he had to get behind me... then I drove really slow getting on the freeway :D... that was my first real kill and it felt so good... all other kills I have done since then all seem like they weren't really kills since it was all driver error on the other's part, like they suck(ie: chris in the eclipse with altezzas and biohazard stickers, those make car go vroom)...

Everyone sing with me now:

Mustangs are

O V E R - R A T E D

:stomp stomp stompstompstomp:

At least the V6's are. You just sometimes don't know what's under the hood until the light turns green.

BTW, my friend has a 2001 Kia Sephia and he beats V6 Mustangs well into his 3rd gear. 1.8L DOHC 5 speed. Mighty Mouse, here he comes to save the day. He's looking to trade his killing innocent american (KIA) car for an RX-7 so he can spank 5.0 Mustangs in 2nd gear. :)

I think a funny story is when me and and my former ex bf went on a trip to Orlando, FL. We went on a weekend because I had won tix to Wet N Wild through power 96. Anyways funny thing is that my ex has a 2002 Mits. Lancer OZ Rally. and well we were at a light and there was a child in a car. I'd say he was 15 or 16. Looking like an 8 yr old. Anyways the kid was driving an old accord. I'd say it was all beat up. The kid started reving the car up and pitch black smoke was coming out of the exhaust pipe. By the time the light turned green my ex boyfriend just drove out at normal speed and the kid sped off. Not a minute passed by and the kid was on the side of the road with the hood open letting out all the smoke that was coming from the engine. I mean I just think stupid little kids like that shouldn't be driving in the first place.

Heh, talk about burning the midnight oil.

Yeah I won't look twice at a V6 Mustang, and if they supercharged it, I'll probably box them in the ears. Same with Camaro's.

One time we were at the local Speedway with my friend Matt's 5.0 'stang (before he wrecked it) and my other friend Justin's 4.6 GT 'stang. We were roaming about since there's not much else to do here, and noticed another Mustang at a gas pump. Justin tells Matt to bet the kid at the pump to race for $100. So Matt walks on over, exchanges a few words, we pull up in the 4.6 and Matt tells us, "It's a V6." So he walked away back to his car and we kind of rolled our eyes and idled on past. :laugh:

Well I just got in on this and would like to say good job to Civicex. About the Mustang's though, for the most part the v6's are slow, but I have seen my buddy in his Civic EX 2000 model, get walked by a few from time to time. Those V6's still have hella torque over MOST of the 4 bangers but still have more weight to tote too. The 5.0 Stangs are truly overrated, stock that is. Throw a few bolt ons though and that thing goes from 15's stock to maybe 13's after a few hundred bucks.

Time for my kills. :D

My most recent was a cocky kid in a GSR. It was a 99 black, very clean but also just had a CAI and cleared out tail lights. He came up to me and asked if I wanted to run on the highway and do a drop from 60 mph to 100mph? I thought damn, thix guy must have some work done and then he told me what he had and I knew how bad this was gonna be. We went out on the highway and were side by side doing 60 with a few trailer cars watching. I was of course brake boosting, if no one knows what that is it is when you hold down on the brakes while on the gas to build boost while at a steady mph to jump on somebody real quick. He honks the horn three times and we go I jump him imediatley like by 1 car and just keep going. I think by he time I got to 100 I had like 6 or 7 cars on this kid and the funny thing is one of his buddies got it on video thinking he was gonna get a win and take it home and watch it. :D

There's nothing better than beating a cocky kid. At least if they are cool you can learn new techniques and get hookups. If they are morons they'll do a ricer flyby and erase the video tape as soon as possible. Nice kill. Even if you did kill a newer version of my car. :p

i have yet to do any highway racing...i've barely been on the highway lately.

anyway, its been raining for like the past two days here so i just went out (like 5 minutes ago..and its about 9:30 at night) so i went out to do some crazy driving in a nearby neighbor hood. wet roads are sooo fun. i was trying to do a full drift around a culdasack (circle at the end of a deadend road for those who don't know) but that sh*t's hard!!! i did pretty good though. there was this one corner that i could hit a good drift on going about 30-35 mph but i hit it wrong on like my 4th try and went into some poor guys front yard. messed it all up. there is also a LONG right hander (or left hander if your comming back outta the neighborhood) that i was taking pretty fast, that turn is funner if its dry though. anyways, on my way out i hit the brakes hard and pulled up the e-brake to lock up all 4 wheels. then i revved it up and pulled a nice burnout in first and powershifted it up to 2nd and kept it going...LONG and fun!!! wooohooo!!! wet roads rock!!!

hell yeah man. but i gotta get my new clutch first so that i can actually tear it up and not have to take "cool down breaks" haha. for now i'm just rippin it for a short time and then lettin the clutch cool. that damn thing isn't holding when after i do a few burnouts. and it really sucks when it pulls it holding problem crap in heavy traffic. but yeah, i'm gonna go ahead and get the clutch for christmas...then have it put on. so in jan i can drive (legally...yay!!!) with a nice clutch.

my friend has a 240sx and he did do-nuts in his neighbors yard cause his neighbor is an a-hole...anyways, that neighbor called the code enforcers on him cause his car has been in-operable for more than 30 days (he's rebuilding his engine...and taking his time about it). but he didn't get his car taken away yet. one day he's gonna come home from school and its not gonna be there though..just watch.

Damn.

I did a coule of donuts in a neighbors yard one time. It was in a Porsche 944. Needless to say I kinda got stuck trying to leave. Good thing I had some buddies to help me get out. Yes, the donuts I did were deep and it was very wet, hence the getting stuck. Good thing the guy as outta town, should have seen his face when he got home from vacation.

Priceless. :D

my uncles got a 1966 porsche 912 that he was wantin to sell me for 2 grand. good deal considering it was all original and in really good condition. i mean, the wood steering wheel is original and it's PERFECT...thats pretty hard to find. but i got my honda instead (its got air-conditioning :D ) i like it better anyhow. i wish i could do some do-nuts, thats one drawback of fwd i guess. i'll have to settle for really fast circles in reverse :laugh:

I need to go donutting ( :o ) sometime, too bad everyone knows me in this neighborhood cause I have the flashiest car (sadly).

Nah haven't done anything performance or looks wise yet, going to put my system in next weekend (Pioneer amp and two Polk 12" subs), which will be fun in a hatchback. :)

I hope to get a CAI and exhaust for Christmas, if I am lucky. :laugh:

Yeah donuting should be a sport. Hell, lets make it a sport. We already got Doug and I doing it and darksaint says he'll join in on the fun. We can like give points for how many times you can do the donuts in the yard without waking up the owners and extra points if you sling mud on the house itself.

Anybody else game? :D

This reminds me of a time my neighbor was a jerkoff about our trees' leaves falling in her yard and she wanted us to clean them up, so my friend took one of those motor scooters (back in 95 these were cool) and did donuts with it in her precious grass before she ran out waving a broom at us. Ah good times.

Damn I would lose badly on the mud spatter, I need a supra or stang to cover the house 8) Just my luck I would dig so deep I'd hit a gas pipe or water main and cause 'a ruckus'. :ninja:

Archived