Gas

budweiser11023

Hey everyone new hear, I am a member on the bmw forums, but now own a Honda and have come here. I just had a question I have a 2005 Honda Accord LX Black, and i heard the best gas to put into your car is tier one. Around me I have BP, Marathon, and Speedway. Are any of those tier one, and if not which one is the best gas to be put in your car?

i like shell gas.. its the purest thats why its so expensive.. use premium too

Ya I heard Shell is one of the best and is tier one, but the shell is about 15-20 miles away from my house in a the middle of the mall traffic. My car takes unleaded, and even though premium is better my car isnt made for it, so it would be a waste because it would treat it as unleaded.

Yeah the tier 1 gas stations are Texaco, Shell, Chevron, BP, and Mobil.. I personally use Chevron a lot, but when I'm feeling a little rich I use Shell.. Shell is definitely best.. But any of those would do you just fine.. I agree with Mr. JDM in that you should definitely use premium.. I own a 95 Accord, and I use premium just because it's better gas..

Yeah the tier 1 gas stations are Texaco, Shell, Chevron, BP, and Mobil.. I personally use Chevron a lot, but when I'm feeling a little rich I use Shell.. Shell is definitely best.. But any of those would do you just fine.. I agree with Mr. JDM in that you should definitely use premium.. I own a 95 Accord, and I use premium just because it's better gas..

true, but premium is so much money id only be able to fill up half way every time.... (16 making $6.25 an hour)

Premium makes a difference of about five bucks MAX, when filling up. And that is a stretch. You figure it's about $0.20 more than regular, and you have at the most 20 gallon tank, you just paid a whole $4.00 more. Big woop.

good point, 16-20$ extra a month i can handle, but is it worth it in the long run for sure?

it burns slower.. and it helps get the highest potential..

post pics of your car..

imagecave.com is easy as hell.. you must host your pics on a different website.

Ya I'm going to but its in the shop right now because my sister crashed it and the trunk was into the back window. We should have it back sometime next week they said, then I'll post. Right now I get my moms car a 2005 Accord VTECH 3.0L V6 Silver :) I'll post pics of both when I get my car back.

higher octane numbers represent numours factors, one of them being resistence to pinging and detonation. If your car does not require high octane gas you are WASTeING YOUR MONEY!!!!! Dont believe me? use the link in my sig, it tells you all about it!

:p

Well i dont keep a car that long perhaps like 1-3 years and where i live now the best gas is at 2.60$ thats giving in to the government if you ask me i pay the bare min on price and if i know i'm gonna race some one which i like to just chill and ride then i pay the extra if i know its going to help in some small way..other than that 2005 model accord only tells you to take Reg in the tank it tells you in the manual..They way the gas prices are now i dont fawk around with high grade no point when i dont keep my car that long i'd rather save the extra cash for the payment !

Archived