CF OEM Trunk sucks!

no_words_gal

Hey guys! :) I'm new to this forum. So far, it's an awesome site. I just started working on my S2K. So far, I had the exteritor and interior worked on with all CF, being the CF freak I am! It's coming along pretty well. hehe! The last thing I got for my car is a carbon fiber mugen style trunk. omg! It's super clean and nice. I got it from a motorsport called Mastergrade. Anyways, they've only sold two so far; new product line up. So, I'm the third person to have this trunk. Meaning-no one else has it beside those two other people! MUAHAHAHHA! There are so many things I like about this trunk. First, I'm able to install my third brake lights unlike the many CF OEM trunk I've seen. So super nice. Second, it goes with the mugen hardtop (which I don't have yet). I've attached some pictures! Dude......isn't it nice? What do you think guys think? You could see through the pictures. The trunk dips in. Well, thought I share that with you guys. I think the next thing I'm planning to put in my car is CF side A pillars. Cutting the budget out of the car because of the holidays. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting some pointers in this forum. See ya! Oh yeah, Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

trunkxxl.jpg

trunk-Lcopy.jpg

trunkL.jpg

wow i think that looks hella nice! why does it suck though? dont get too carried away with cf. i'd say hood and trunk is about where i would draw the line. looks nice though. nice car and welcome aboard.

i agree with sexyh22. looks awesome.

btw, welcome back sexyh22.

I'm not sure why you titled the thread the way you did... unless you are having the common problem of having to slam the trunklid a bunch of times to get it to lock in to close due to it being lighter than the OEM lid.

All of the carbon fiber trunklids for the S2000 are able to have the third brake light installed on them (easily). If they do not have the holes actually cut out, the indentations where it is to go are at least there.

I don't recall Mugen ever making a trunklid for the S2000, so if that is true then it cannot be a Mugen copy. They do make a couple of spoilers for it though.

The Mugen hardtop is nothing great, and way overpriced. If you're really interested in one, you may as well just get Seibon's copy of it (would be CF).

Stay away from doing too much carbon fiber. You can easily go from "nice" or "clean" to "rice" or "gaudy".

I'm not sure why you titled the thread the way you did... unless you are having the common problem of having to slam the trunklid a bunch of times to get it to lock in to close due to it being lighter than the OEM lid.

All of the carbon fiber trunklids for the S2000 are able to have the third brake light installed on them (easily). If they do not have the holes actually cut out, the indentations where it is to go are at least there.

I don't recall Mugen ever making a trunklid for the S2000, so if that is true then it cannot be a Mugen copy. They do make a couple of spoilers for it though.

The Mugen hardtop is nothing great, and way overpriced. If you're really interested in one, you may as well just get Seibon's copy of it (would be CF).

Stay away from doing too much carbon fiber. You can easily go from "nice" or "clean" to "rice" or "gaudy".

Dude, my bad! I meant the old OEM Trunk. Anyways, thanks for the correction. I was thinking about Seibon CF top. I'm shopping for one right now, trying to find a descent price on it. Do you know of any motorsport?

Archived