What Engine Should I Transplant Into My Rex

UNC5981

hey im lookin to get a CRX project car to work on and im wondering what engine should i transplant. ive heard of ZC's and b16a's but which is beter, and will they weight down the front of the car too much as to mess up the handling. i really need the handling because i plan to autocross it.

ok now down to the good stuff my friend. i used to have a rex that flied down teh track. ok down to the motor. go with either a ls/vtec swap, a zc, b16a, b16b, gsr, or itr would be extremely well. also if u go with like teh ls/vtec swap or the zc or the b16a/b16b swap turbo it after you build up the internals. i recommend a zc motor, grredy turbo, bored .30 over, all the internals, ported polished multi angle valve job, racing tranny, raccing clutch, racing N1 exhaust system, and that all i can think of right now. i will try to ask my buddies for more info on the other motors but that was my setup with my zc motor in my rex.

and other people are saying you can stick with integra axels and it will be fine (im not draggin it) ?

and what models come with 4 wheel disks?

and do i need a custim exhaust or what?

and what are the benefits of an si?

thx - Jon

and other people are saying you can stick with integra axels and it will be fine (im not draggin it) ?

and what models come with 4 wheel disks?

and do i need a custim exhaust or what?

and what are the benefits of an si?

thx - Jon

the tegra gsr axles will work and they come with 4wheel disk brakes. no u dont need a custom exhaust but it would help out alot. and to do the avatar just go to you control panel and tehn options and tehn go to avatar and then upload yours. i had a buddy make mine fo rme

~ sry typo i meant stick with the si axels,

~and does the si come with 4 wheel disks

~ would the ZC transplant be too hard for someone who hasnt transplanted before, and is there andwhere i can get a book or real step-by-step directions on it?

thx - Jon

~ sry typo i meant stick with the si axels,

~and does the si come with 4 wheel disks

~ would the ZC transplant be too hard for someone who hasnt transplanted before, and is there andwhere i can get a book or real step-by-step directions on it?

thx - Jon

no the zc is basically like taking your stock motor out and putting it back in(only u put teh zc in)

thx for all the replies but im not a nascar or drag kinda guy, i race autocross and i need a car that can turn so im really interested in the ZC b/c its only like 25 lbs. heavier than stock.

~ does ne1 know if someone makes like a manual on it or anything like that?

- Thx - Jon

Archived