Coilover

Guest that1chrisguy

Guest that1chrisguy

Alrighty, My friend is hooking me up with some coilovers for my 88 hatchback. Now, I ask, is this a pretty simple job for me to do? I cant afford to have some pro put it in..

I've put springs and coilovers on before, the first time was a bitch but after that it is a piece of cake. Yeah you gotta take all the tires off, take out the struts with the springs still on. Be sure to use a spring compressor to get the springs off or you could get hurt. Then just do the reverse order of directions I just gave. Sounds easy with the directions I gave, right??? Ha, have fun man it will be an experience. :)

neuspeed coilovers? wow.. i didnt know they made those.. i heard negative comments on neuspeed springs b/c they're too bouncy but i dont know about their coils. how much are those anyway? why dont you save up and get some teins or jic? well, just lets us know!

Its not to hard of job your going to need a jack, spring compressor and a few common wrenches metric of course. sometimes the lower bolts like to stick to the stock bushings in the back so you might want to plan on buying new bushings you are also going to have to cut the stock bump stop usually just in half you might want to take off more depending upon how low you want to go put the new coilovers on make sure you have them all set at the same height and you should be good to go also have you considered buying an alignment correction kit if you dont youll wear your tires out fast

Archived