95' Integra Se/ At

Spence

well just shell out ...oh i dont know how much air intakes with a air filter cost nowadays. back in 96, i bought a air intake system for my car by focuz and it costed me 160. i think now you can get it cheaper but im not sure. of course aem cai is a little over 2 bills or so.

anyway, just buy a cheap regular air intake system and head out to home depot or any home supply store and purchase one of those aluminum tubings you see that are used for a/c vents in homes. i bought one for like...2 bucks. they're 3 ft look and i used that to install into my car. one end goes to the air filter and the other end...i ran that to the front grill to get direct air from outside *GHETTO CAI!!* it works like a charm!! make sure you get the ones with ridges so water wont get into your air filter b/c once water gets inside, you're fracked.. i did that to my accord and i felt A MAJOR increase in hp!!!!!!!!

now-a-days they make front mount kits for cold air intakes...so you don't have to be so ghetto. but thats a damn good idea tl.

as for the automatic transmission...they make performance torque converters so that you can get more performance out of your automatic tranny...that way you don't have to swith to a manual.

Well the best power adder for the buck these days is nitrous. It may be a little more than a CAI but the power gains can't be beat. The nitrous will run you about anywhere from 500 to 800 for a complete kit and throw that on and you can have anywhere from 25 to 75 horsepower running safely on your engine. Oh and my personal choice in nitrous is Nitrous Express. Good stuff.

Archived